Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage Feedsacks

Beautiful fabs considering the age. You should have a beautiful when finished!

Great find - good for you! Enjoy.

OOOooo so beautiful! Please post a photo of the quilt when it's finished! I'd LOVE to see it.

What pattern are you using? I, too, have recently inherited a box of feedsack fabric. Can't decide what to do with it.
    Your fabrics are lovely!
    To God be the Glory!

Now that is wonderful. I wish I could find a box like that. I have been repairing a quilt for a friend and have been buying/begging bits and pieces of feedsacks just to get one piece that would blend .. LOL They make such pretty quilts congrats on your find.

Blog Entries
    My dream also...just don't know where to look. Those are so beautiful, makes me remember my grandmother.

Quote Originally Posted by susansomethings View Post
    A couple months ago purchased a large box FULL of old feedsack fabrics( at A great price)...they are beautiful! Well starting a quilt with some of them today. Hope everyone has a wonderful "Quilting Day"
    How lucky to have found this box . I grew up wearing the printed feed sack clothes. I think my Mom paid 3 cents extra a bag to get the printed ones. She would get 3 or 4 of the same print. wish I knew where I could find them again.
    Have fun with your quilt, be sure to post a picture so we can see the fabric/pattern.
    Freedom is costly and quilting keeps us busy...

Quote Originally Posted by amBoo View Post
    Hi
    Can you post some pictures? What pattern are you making? I'd love to see it as it progresses. :-)
    Me, too. Would love to see what you are making.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the pictures, now I know what feed sack fabrics look like. I have always pictured them like the burlap feed sack patterns and wondered why anyone would want them. My grandparents owned a large farm and had two daughters and five sons but my mom and aunt never had dress made from feed sacks and neither did my cousin when my aunt married a farmer. Thanks for the post, it is strange how your mind visions one thing when is should be something totally different.

Happy Stitching to everyone.
    Happy Quilting
    Judy in Lower Michigan

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I hope you "tested" first...some can look just so darling and actually be dry rotted already...so you must do a pull test to see how easily they tear. If they tear and make dust easily, you have two choices, use it anyway and pray for the best..or fuse a lightweight interfacing to the back to stabilize it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast