Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Virtual Quilting Retreat quilt along

Just saw this thread elsewhere, hope you don't mind if I pop the link in here too, it's a great bathrug too! laid out roughly_NOT sewn together

Thimblebug: Thanks for linking, might have missed it otherwise.

Got started on mine and decided to just do it scrappy, a different fabric for each square, only the fabric C staying the same. Have three done so far. I'm loving it! Thinking about going on and making it throw size.

Blog Entries
    These are all lovely. Such a good idea 'virtual quilting retreat'

Jmillie

I'm a little behind, life keeps getting in the way of sewing. But I finished the Mat!!!

This is my first time doing FMQ on my machine. I kind of did a stitch in the ditch following just some of the lines, and forgetting about others. Since this is for Mojo to lay on I did put the binding on with my machine. A quick wash to get all the threads off it and then in the mail.

Thank you Carolyn for a fun retreat, for helping me learn and getting rid of extra fabric.

Name:  DSCI2928email.JPG
Views: 244
Size:  36.8 KB

Here is the back,

Name:  DSCI2929email.JPG
Views: 238
Size:  20.1 KB

More scraps gone and a towel!

Blog Entries
    I am so happy everyone enjoyed the retreat. I Love piecing and making beautiful bed quilts, but I have to say sometimes the near instant gratification (comparatively) of starting and finishing a project in a weekend or so really is a nice change.

I love what everyone has done, it is so very cool to see different takes on the same design.

I urge everyone to branch out and just give things a shot, NEVER EVER let instructions get in the way of creativity!

I am going to be putting a strip of the left over fabrics (I bought extra when designing) on the bottom of a bath towel set (body, hand, face) and giving a set to each niece and nephew this year for christmas. Fast, easy and fun project, not to mention personable for each child. Of course there is the added benefit of doing some totally obnoxious mixes like the one in the tutorial to really bug my sister yes, after 30+ yrs of being grown up, it is still fun to irritate each other in a good way

Since everyone had fun and look forward to another, I will be searching out some new weekend retreat projects and have another virtual retreat, so be on the look out! It was a pleasure leading you ladies and helping

Great job to all! *ps pls dont stop posting pictures of finished projects, I still wanna see

I'm still doing the quilting on mine, but am "goofing off" today!

Blog Entries
    I still only have the 2 blocks done, I am a serious slacker, will work on it in the morning tomorrow though

Carolyn, Thanks so much for doing this. I had a change of plans with my mat. My machine would not cooperate trying to quilt through a towel. I gave up fighting with it. Decided to turn mine into a future baby quilt. Will either add another block to each of the three rows or perhaps add multiple boarders. It won't go to waste and I do like the way it turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by CarolynMT View Post
    I still only have the 2 blocks done, I am a serious slacker, will work on it in the morning tomorrow though
    Carolyn you have an excuse, isn't this is your second? Thank you for the fun retreat. Sent a picture to my daughter and she can't wait to have it for the puppy.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast