View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 02:43 PM
CarolynMT

I am so happy everyone enjoyed the retreat. I Love piecing and making beautiful bed quilts, but I have to say sometimes the near instant gratification (comparatively) of starting and finishing a project in a weekend or so really is a nice change.

I love what everyone has done, it is so very cool to see different takes on the same design.

I urge everyone to branch out and just give things a shot, NEVER EVER let instructions get in the way of creativity!

I am going to be putting a strip of the left over fabrics (I bought extra when designing) on the bottom of a bath towel set (body, hand, face) and giving a set to each niece and nephew this year for christmas. Fast, easy and fun project, not to mention personable for each child. Of course there is the added benefit of doing some totally obnoxious mixes like the one in the tutorial to really bug my sister yes, after 30+ yrs of being grown up, it is still fun to irritate each other in a good way

Since everyone had fun and look forward to another, I will be searching out some new weekend retreat projects and have another virtual retreat, so be on the look out! It was a pleasure leading you ladies and helping

Great job to all! *ps pls dont stop posting pictures of finished projects, I still wanna see