Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend--5/22 to 5/25 >
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend--5/22 to 5/25

• Virtual Quilting Weekend--5/22 to 5/25

Old 05-25-2015, 04:05 PM

Just finished Step 5 on my Giant Swoon Quilt....posted onto there. Now to work on inside pockets for that navy tote bag. Enjoyed this Virtual weekend retreat...thanks for posting this challenge

Judy in Phx, AZ
    Old 05-25-2015, 04:15 PM

I didn't get much sewing time until today but I finished managed to get a few things done. I made a throw pillow from the fabric my daughter has picked for the table overlays at her wedding next year for her to put on her couch. I also made two pillowcases to go with a bed runner I finished a while ago. I got the binding finished on one quilt, trimmed three other quilts so I can attach binding and cut binding strips for two of them. Nothing particularly exciting but I am happy to get these tasks accomplished.
    Old 05-25-2015, 08:04 PM
    Power Poster

Thanks for posting the VQW! I have enjoyed following the thread. Until the next one, everyone... happy quilting.
    Old 05-25-2015, 08:47 PM

I didn't get done what I had planned for this weekend, but instead I started (yet another) new project. Oops.

Saw this quilt in a book "Modern Rainbow", and just had to try it out. Found 18 fabrics in my stash and stuck the strips on my wall to contemplate the arrangement. I really need to get a different project finished (and a couple of quilts bound), but I'll likely work on this one this week instead.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]520744[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails p5260337.jpg  
    Old 05-25-2015, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    I love that adorable chair! Where did you get one to recover?

I inherited 3 of them over the years from my folks--they had them when I was a kid. You used to be able to order canvas covers from Sears but that's been years ago. I've hung on to these for years and decided I wanted to do something with them. 2 more to do--but not same design--the paper piecing part about wiped me out!
    Old 05-25-2015, 09:18 PM

woohoo! I've been stalling getting that mostly white, modern quilt on the frame--worried about how to mark it, etc. Well, spent the morning marking with chalk, figured out that my Gammill ALREADY had a black light installed --just needed to flip a switch--duh! And can see the chalk just fine with black light. So have it on the frame with double wool bat--plan to do a lot of quilting and wanted some pouf--and have it about half way stabilized. It's working! So excited and little embarrassed that I was too chicken to get this project going!
    Old 05-25-2015, 09:46 PM

Well, I didn't get any sewing done this weekend but did work on organizing the stash. I got my serger to work (bought it at an auction) and have been serging edges to pre-wash fabrics. I wash in hot water so can't do too many loads a day as the water heater won't keep up. Then I plan on ruler folding and making up "kits" so I know what is free to use and what is reserved for a specific quilt. When I get tired of doing this, I have to find out what happened to the sewing machine. It was doing just fine, then all of a sudden, it decided to freeze up. I put a bunch of Tri-Flow on it and set it aside to work on later. It probably has a thread stuck in somewhere and I need a lot of patience when trying to fix something like that.

Last edited by Suzanne57; 05-25-2015 at 09:50 PM.
    Old 05-26-2015, 02:53 AM

I must make a point of checking this board on a Friday. Sad I missed this! Would love to have joined.