Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend -- January 13-16, 2017 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend -- January 13-16, 2017

Virtual Quilting Weekend -- January 13-16, 2017

Old 01-13-2017, 08:07 AM

Watched Jenny's Cathedral Window video yesterday and decided to try it out. Have all my 5" color squares pulled and now cutting more white 5" squares as I realize I need more than told on the video. Also working on an old, old project from back before 2007. Found it sitting on my project shelf so pulled it out. Made some mistakes cutting out the apron so had to go to Plan B for that. This is a vacumn cleaner cover using a rabbit dressed in a victorian dress/apron. Changed out the dress fabric, regrouped on the apron and now ready to add some embroidery to the bib and front center section of the bottom portion of the apron. Also using up my 2.5" squares I cut for another project. These will become the bottom section of the dress peaking out from the apron. 440 squares to make up 22" x 88" section of the skirt. Using up my scraps so I'm happy.
Old 01-13-2017, 08:32 AM

Anyone going to road2ca, super fun
Old 01-13-2017, 09:52 AM

I'll be sewing this weekend, the weather is supposed to be freezing rain starting tonight, so I don't plan to go out at all.
Lots of little projects, stuffing 2 penquin toys/pillows, sandwiching several small projects, and who knows what else?
Old 01-13-2017, 09:56 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl View Post
Anyone going to road2ca, super fun
Yes! We'll be going on Thursday.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:10 AM

I'm in ............ I do have my niece's quilt that needs to be finished and maybe I can finish the binding on my mini.
Old 01-13-2017, 01:01 PM

I'm in. I want to finish piecing a baby quilt that's nearly complete, then get it sandwiched and quilted. Then it's back to work on a UFO that I had hoped to get finished this month, but had to put aside for the baby quilt. And if there's time I want to de-chaos-ify my sewing space.

Rob
Old 01-13-2017, 01:17 PM

Zozee: Sending a prayer for your son. Interesting about the appendix and colon.

Karamarie: I'm glad you are feeling better. We certainly have had a range of temps and precipitation this winter.

I finished my Bonnie Hunter Mystery QST's for clue 7. I even had an extra one and an OOPS! 2 yellows instead of a yellow and a neutral. Oh, well.

I also finished a 2 yard fleece blanket. Jasmine is my helper.

Connie

[ATTACH=CONFIG]565574[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]565575[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg   image.jpeg  
Old 01-13-2017, 01:42 PM

Whew! It's taken me most of the day just to get the fabric strips cut and sorted into the colour piles! Now, I still have to cut all the shapes for the applique before I can begin the actual blocks. I'm glad this is a wall hanging and not a queen sized quilt!

Watson - bit off more than she can chew?
Old 01-13-2017, 02:49 PM

Watson - it's ok if it's more than you can chew, as long as it's not more than you can sew LOL!!

Of course, I'm teasing - it reminded me of something I tell others. I use to do a lot of baking as a hobby, and had to give it up because I was gaining too much weight. I tell people I switched to quilting because I don't end up eating my mistakes.
Old 01-13-2017, 03:19 PM

I am in! In fact, right after this post I am going into my sewing room and quilt the Old MacDonald quilt until it is done!!!! It has been hanging over my head since July and I keep working on other project. But that was my family's fault. :-) I had to make 24 owl bookmarks for my DD's 4th grade class for Christmas, my other DD asked me to crochet 5 infinity scarfs, then my DH saw what they were, he asked for 8 for his friends, then I decided to embroider some flour sack towels with Christmas pictures for a couple of friends and family, when my DDs saw them they wanted a set, and 4 more sets for their friends.... In all I made 25 book marks, 16 scarfs, 9 sets of towels, and a couple of towels for our friends in Germany.
The funny part about making so many scarves - I went to Joann's and the check out lady asked me what I was making with all the yarn and I said "Eternity scarfs, you know, the ones where the 2 ends are attached." She gave me a very odd look, but I thought she just hadn't heard of them. Then when I got in the car and realized what I said I started laughing so hard I had to wait do drive. Thought about going back in to tell her I meant "Infinity" not "Eternity". It still makes me giggle - hope she is laughing too.