Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Virtual Quilting Weekend - May 25-29, 2017

Virtual Quilting Weekend - May 25-29, 2017

Welcome to this month's Virtual Quilting Weekend. I hope many of you will be able to quilt with me at some point over the weekend. My goal is to catch up on the various block of the months I'm been doing! I'm a little behind .

What will YOU be working on this weekend?

Next VQW will be June 30-July 2.
    Heather

I'll be working on getting these two quilted and adding May temps to my temperature quilt (if there's time).

Both these are made from UFO blocks that I pieced and then never got around to putting together. The first pic is a photo I took before I stitched the flimsy together. Got so excited about the 2nd flimsy that I forgot to take a pic of the first after it was put together LOL.

Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images

1955 Singer Featherweight 221/ Late 60's early 70's White Selectronic 970/
    1975 Kenmore 158 model 1914/. 1981 Brother VX560/ Brother PC420PRW/
    Brother PQ1500s/ HQSweetSixteen

Blog Entries
    I hope to wiggle in a pp project......but I have been going through patterns, magazines, and fabric for donation. Organizing here, it took me years to gather and will take me months to decluter.......calla. Rain in Mi

My goal is to get my daughters top on the long arm, completely bound and washed and ready to go for her since she will be down next weekend. I just got my long arm raised up to a better height (I hope it's better anyway) and I really want to finish the tops I have waiting to be quilted, and maybe I can squeeze in one more if I can find my groove.
    Lisa

I have been working on the HST's for My Carolina Home's Scrap Dance Waltz. I have just over 600 made and need another 200--for a queen sized. Hoping to get them finished and actually start on the blocks. Super excited because this is all coming from my scrap bin and my stash (for the background--just did not have enough light scraps so had to dip into my yardage).

I have also been taking apart some 'new to me' blocks. I guess you could say they are third hand because they were given to my sister and she passed them along to me. I have very definite ideas about what they will become but a lot of frogging first. Oh well, good to do in front of the idiot box.
    Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down the their level and beat you with experience.

I want to finish a HST lap robe quilt top. Using he Magic 8 instructions. Then to start another.
    Gotta use up stash.

I'm in need of getting some of my floppies quilted.
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

Quote Originally Posted by rryder View Post
    I'll be working on getting these two quilted and adding May temps to my temperature quilt (if there's time).

Both these are made from UFO blocks that I pieced and then never got around to putting together. The first pic is a photo I took before I stitched the flimsy together. Got so excited about the 2nd flimsy that I forgot to take a pic of the first after it was put together LOL.

Rob
    What is the name of the block in the first quilt. I like it.

I have a jigsaw puzzle quilt ready to layer and quilt. I hope to get that done. But thing never work out as planned around here. I'll just get as much done as I can fit in.

I will be going to a 2 day workshop with Jacqueline de Jonge so here is the quilt I will be working on this weekend.
    Name:  20170506_175609.jpg
Views: 988
Size:  120.2 KB
    The colors are beautiful, and it took several days to cut out the foundations and the fabric. Can't wait to start!
    In the meantime, I have been piecing together some blocks I won in last month's block swap at my local guild meeting.
    QuiltingVagabond aka Kathy

Here I am. I will be getting back to a UFO that has been waiting for me two separate times. I have been working on one machine appliqued block most of today. I am hoping to have a picture by tomorrow.

Oh, I forgot to tell you, I am also making a little froggie wall hanging for my sister.
    Last edited by Boston1954; 05-25-2017 at 04:17 PM.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

I have 2 weeks of HSTs to catch up on my temp quilt. Then I'll pull fabric from my stash to make a PP shark for my DGD. She's graduating high school next week and wants to decorate her dorm room around sharks, so I'm making a laundry bag for her and appliqueing the shark to that. Lots and lots of pieces, should be interesting 'cause I'm not a very experienced PPer.

I'm hoping to get the remaining 3 section of my king sized quilt quilted so that I can begin to assemble the quilt and get it done soon!
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

Super Member quiltingshorttimer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm in! I'd been pushing myself, the DSM & long arm hard all of March, April and until this past week--but made my deadlines. So yesterday I wanted to just mindlessly sew---my guild has a UFO Challenge in Sept, so decided to take the 3 huge bags of strings and sort and make a string quilt. I literally could not reach my Accuquilt GO with the string bags stacked in front! I have the string made into blocks, now to cut the black blocks and then will put them together as big HST. Also tomorrow I plan to do a thorough cleaning and oiling of the long arm and get a customer quilt loaded. We are expecting rain on Sat. so have some yard work for tomorrow too.

Hope to finish piecing my Granny Square quilt and get it ready for hand quilting (big stitch). Also want to finish the tutorial I have started on the Tutorials page.

Thanks for hosting again, Raggiemom!

I will finish my Block of the Week from Amy Gibson's book The Quilt Block Cookbook.

I hope to work on other projects also but my lawn needs to be mowed, mulch spread, etc, so my sewing time may be limited.

Connie

rryder, LOVE both of your tops. They look more like modern paintings than quilts! That second one is awesome. You have a wonderful 'eye'.

I will sew with you all this weekend! Need to finish up the three little dresses for South America that I started today, and then work on something quilty. I'm still making the 9 patches for the Patches of Life quilt... and hand quilting my embroidery quilt. I really hope I can get that finished in time to enter it in a local show. It will be my first time!

Looking forward to seeing lots of PICTURES!
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I'll be putting a border on this, then sandwiching and quilting. Then hopefully getting back to one very large, very overdue UFO.

Name:  international_squares_I_01_small.jpeg
Views: 356
Size:  361.2 KB

Today is the last day of school, so my weekend will be spent starting outside work. Looking forward to being able to sit on a clean porch(if the rain stays away) I do have a couple quilts going..always working on one
    my name is becca and i'm a quilt-a-holic :-)

Blog Entries
    My oh my, I've been waiting all week for this thread. Glad to be able to be a part of this for the weekend. Thank you again 'Raggiemom,' for hosting the thread and all the activity that it will create. I plan on DSM quilting two of my charity quilts with the walking foot on my 401A. and cutting the pieces to start a future UFO from a Craftsy pattern that I ordered a couple months ago. I plan for very few interruptions in my process, I rose very early this morning to get a fresh start. I will do pix at the end of the session, cause I always get assistance from GDG with that process.

Rob, once again you have some amazing work going on there, I think both of your pieces are amazing, but I am truly in love with your second project. I can't stop lurking at it, but I must if I want to get anything done for myself.

Happy sewing everyone

I NEED to clean up my studio 1st of all and then go on to cut out and assemble some of my BOM I am behind on.

I'm in this weekend! Thought we were going away but turns out DH wants a quiet weekend at home. I'm off work until Tuesday so have lots of time to relax! I will be working on the last 4 memory quilts that I have to hand stitch the binding down and place the patches! Then I think a little cleaning in the sewing room and work on some crumb squares (hate to throw away fabric). The garden is mostly in and just some weeding in the strawberry patch to do. So I will clean the patio furniture off and stitch outside! Forgot I also have to mow the flat part of the yard since it finally stopped raining here, DH will mow the hill. Looks like we should have a great weekend in MN, hope everyone has a safe and relaxing weekend.

DH and I are going shopping today - I took the day off work so I could have one day to chase, and still have a nice 3 day weekend to relax. After reading other posts, I recall I've got a UFO I should pull out and work on. It's not real old, but I put it aside after the last VQW and figured I'd ignore it until the next one showed up. It's a paper pieced project and I don't have a lot left of the piecing to do, then I can start sewing the sections together.
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

Nice quilt top, Kelly! Thanks for showing it.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I'm hoping to spend a lot of time quilting. The top projects are making blocks from the 1,000 block book and Month 3 of a quilt along.
    Lori

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast