Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend -- March 10 - 12, 2017 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend -- March 10 - 12, 2017

Virtual Quilting Weekend -- March 10 - 12, 2017

Old 03-10-2017, 05:32 PM

I'm in ..... I'll be working on finishing the last 3 blocks for Bonnie Hunter's Allietare and putting the borders on my niece's quilt and of course some hand applique while the college basketball games are on.
Old 03-10-2017, 06:07 PM

I'm in, I just started a simple table topper, blocks are done, just have to trim and do the sashing between them:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]569703[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails tabletopperblocks.jpg  
Old 03-10-2017, 06:10 PM

I'm in--FINALLY got the top all put together of my version of Ricky Tims Kool Kaleidascopes--they went together just fine, but the quilt had to be 83x83" for a contest for KC Regional Quilt Fest and the background piecing about did me in! Finally just hand stitched 2 Y (or is that why!?) seams that would just not play right. Spent the afternoon putting together some samples for the last beginner class tomorrow of sashing/corner stones, borders and binding--so 3 littler quilts to use as sample. After the beginner class tomorrow I'm taking a class. And then Sunday plan to quilt a charity quilt to get my "groove" back on the LA as haven't LA for at least a week.
Old 03-10-2017, 06:20 PM

i'm excited for this - I will actually be finishing a quilt for my sister - i have 12 more inches to quilt on the border, then i can sew on the binding to complete it. I have to add a border on my next project and get that sandwiched, so that it can go on the frame. I call this "transition weekend" - bringing off the old and putting on the new.
Old 03-10-2017, 06:22 PM

Well, I have tried twice to upload pictures but the tablet has locked up both times on me. I'm having a great time at the retreat. The Doubletree Hotel has been fabulous to our group. I've made progress on a few different projects. I'll try uploading pictures when I get home tomorrow since the tablet isn't cooperating. I was hoping to get the top done on a king sized Walkabout. Unfortunately I discovered I was missing four blocks and that's the only fabric I didn't bring with me! I want to get that done so I can hand it off to the longarmer .

retiredteacher, are you doing the Cookbook block of the week? I'm all caught up except for this week's block. That's on agenda for Sunday afternoon.
Old 03-10-2017, 06:54 PM

Oh Wow! Groovy quilt Cindi!

Rob

Last edited by rryder; 03-10-2017 at 06:56 PM.
Old 03-10-2017, 08:45 PM

Raggiemom: Yes to Cookbook block of the week. I have 7 done and I am doing them from scraps. I plan to use them in baby quilts and not as a big sampler. I skipped the first curved one but still plan to do it. I'm just behind. . So I need to do 6, 9, and 10.

I finished sorting a box of scraps by color and thought I would call it quits for tonight. Then I thought one more copy paper box and that turned into 2 boxes. Now I need to bag it all. Ugh! I had some youth sort a couple boxes and a big tub for a service project last week at church so now I want to get the rest of the scraps sorted by color. I think 2 boxes are left. I'm such a procrastinator when it comes to sorting the scrap donations!

I really need to say "No thanks" to my volunteer groups to fabric scraps but I like sewing with them and donating the quilt tops back.

Connie
Old 03-10-2017, 08:55 PM

Still working on a GFG. I had all the flowers done in sections and then lost the middle section. So I am making more flowers to fill the gap. I want to get the top done so when I go up north this summer, I can get it sandwiched. My sister insists that it be hand quilted so that's next winter's project.
Old 03-11-2017, 03:21 AM

I will be working on making a scrappy binding...cutting the strips and joining them. My quilt is 53" x 63".
This is my first time making a scrappy binding. I wondered what length strips are best to use or does it matter?

Hello to all your quilt retreat friends! Enjoy your first retreat!
Old 03-11-2017, 03:26 AM

Cindi...what a wonderful quilt! I hope you post another picture after you have it quilted. I am working on a few spring table runners and have a few flimsies that need to be sandwiched so I'll see how much I can get done this weekend. I am resisting the temptation of starting any new projects until I get "caught up."