Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend -- March 10 - 12, 2017 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend -- March 10 - 12, 2017

Virtual Quilting Weekend -- March 10 - 12, 2017

Old 03-10-2017, 03:40 AM

Default Virtual Quilting Weekend -- March 10 - 12, 2017

Welcome to Virtual Quilting Weekend. I hope lots of you can join this weekend. What will you be working on? Organizing, shopping, UFOs, start something new, or maybe you're even starting Christmas presents! Whatever it is, we would love to hear about it and see pictures if you would like.

I'm actually at my first ever quilt retreat. I brought several WIPs and am slowly making progress. I will check in throughout the day to see how you're all doing.

Next VQW will be April 14 -16.
Old 03-10-2017, 04:21 AM

I'll be working on another one of the collaborative art pieces that I've got going with a musician/painter friend. if I get enough progress on that I'll pull out a UFO that needs to have one long seam frogged and resewn so I can sandwich and quilt it. I would also love to work on a whole cloth mini quilt-- I used a couple of coupon codes to purchase both of Lisa Calle's Iquilt courses and really want to try out her design process, but I am trying to be disciplined and not start anything new until I get either a WIP or a UFO finished....but first out to the barn to meet the vet who's going to be thereto give our horses their Spring shots... wouldn't you know it's in the middle of the day, so probably no quilting for me today...

Thanks for setting this VQW up Heather!

Rob

Last edited by rryder; 03-10-2017 at 04:24 AM.
Old 03-10-2017, 04:36 AM

Joining in. Thanks for setting up this one and posting next dates up front. Already put on calendar. Today is a sewing day with my Guild. Organizing and cutting out blocks for the 100 Modern Sampler Blocks by Tula Pink. I have 35/64 with borders using one of her setting. A LQS is doing a challenge so that is also motivating me to finish.
Old 03-10-2017, 05:05 AM

I'm in! I am working on Edyta Sitar's quilt pattern, Trail Mix. It will use up a lot of my scraps. Oh... who am I kidding; it will just create more scraps!!!
Old 03-10-2017, 05:33 AM

Well the weather outside is frightful so I guess I will be hand sewing a binding and attaching labels to 3 quilts, actually this is a good thing so I can move on to a new project.
Old 03-10-2017, 05:41 AM

I'm in! Thanks for hosting this weekend again.

Enjoy your first retreat! I haven't had that experience but I hear it's a lot of fun.

Connie
Old 03-10-2017, 06:44 AM

I'll be heading to my quilt retreat on Sunday afternoon. Right now Jenny Doan and her daughters are there.......darn it, will probably miss them by the time I get there but maybe another time. Anyway, I'm just getting my projects all put together to take there. Been working on 2 stainglass wallhangings, new placemats using scraps, a pillow with an embroidery on the front and then of course have all my fabrics ready for a class project there. Can't wait to get there. Had so much fun at my 1st one in September 2016 so am now trying to go every year.
Old 03-10-2017, 08:03 AM

I'm going to start out with a trip to my LQS after noon (when I get off work). I bought the patter "catch me if you can" and need to get some bright colors. My LQS has a lot of the "crayon" fabric that is out now, and I plan on using that. I'm not a fan of batiks so won't go that route.

I won't be able to start that for a while, as I've been working on some scrap busting projects - I'll share pictures of them later. I've also got three quilts that need binding.
Old 03-10-2017, 08:54 AM

Been watching for the "VQW" and just a couple projects, wish I could show pictures (have not figured out the technology). Will be watching all weekend to see what produced.
Old 03-10-2017, 08:57 AM

I'm hoping to join in. I'm working on a mystery quilt that is almost done, borders for a pineapple, and then I'm not sure what's on the list. Ideally it would be longarm quilting something, but I have a sew-day to attend on Sunday so I'll to pack up a project to take with me.