Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Visit the Virtual Sections! >

Visit the Virtual Sections!

Visit the Virtual Sections!

Old 02-26-2010, 09:48 PM
Power Poster

Just wanted to remind people the virtual sections have lots of good inspiration in them! Check out the differant sections. I am partial to the Miniature section of course!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I have been adding new threads as they are posted or ones I notice that have been around for awhile and need to be highlighted in the mini section so check back from time to time to see what is there!

But there are several the Irish Chains and the Jane Stickle threads. There is one for the OBWs - One Block Wonders and one for keeping up with all the Round Robins!

You can find lots of thread in one place on that subject so remember to check in once in awhile!
I think it is cool that you can see alot of good threads that have a lot to look at but they aren't at the top of the list anymore. But they are well worth going back and looking at!!

If you don't know where to find them go to Home and scroll down to the bottom part. You will find the sections listed there. Click on the section you want to check out and have fun looking at all the threads on that subject!!

If you are in the Doll Quilt Swap the Minis section is a great place to get inspiration!!!
Old 02-26-2010, 10:44 PM
Power Poster

Just a "thank you" to Rhonda for the Miniature thread. Having the virtual sections saves on "search" times, plus you only get the selections you are looking for!
Old 02-26-2010, 11:46 PM
Power Poster

Thanks A bunch oksewglad! Konstantin said the success of the virtual section depended on the managers marketing the sections so they get used. That way they are a success. I really like the idea of having things in sections so they are easy to use. I don't want to see this great feature die out.

So I am encouraging people to try the sections and see what great info there is there in an easy to find source.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:13 AM

Hi RHONDA excuse ignorance... but where do I find the virtual section.... senior moment you know... hahahah ciao
Old 02-27-2010, 05:16 AM

thanks, I'll be sure to visit
Old 02-27-2010, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by dannypanny
Hi RHONDA excuse ignorance... but where do I find the virtual section.... senior moment you know... hahahah ciao
Go to home at the top, scroll down to "All User-Defined Sections" and you are there.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:29 AM

How does one create a virtual section? There are a lot of posts concerning cathedral window quilts that I keep bouncing back and forth on - it would be nice to have them in a section. Does it have to be initiated be the author of the thread?

Thanks also for the hint on the miniatures virtual section. I subscribed, to get that on my home page. That is one I will definitely put to use!
Old 02-27-2010, 05:33 AM
Power Poster

I agree Rhonda...this feature is great! It makes keeping up with things like the minis and all the other topics soooo much easier!

Quiltmom...if you'd like to have a section for the CW....just decide on a title, decide how you want it managed, then send the info to Admin. He will set you up, then you can add any threads that you feel are "right" for your section. Its very easy!
Old 02-27-2010, 09:00 AM
Power Poster

Thanks everyone and I am glad the questions were answered!! I work late because I can!! LOL (quilting) and get up late in the morning so I apologize for not being here til now!!

I appreciate all the interest. I think it is great and would love to see some more sections added. I have thought about a few that could be added but I don't want to manage more than one.