Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: OR/WA Open House happening soon - 2/7/10!

Hi--I'd like to get together. Monday afternoons and Wednesday mornings are out, but aside from that, I don't have any regular commitments.

Thanks for the suggestions on how to find people. I know if I go to the User List, I can put OR or WA in as the location and it will give me a list of all the members in those states. But, oh my, what a lot of PM's that is! :lol: I'll check with Admin on the best way to get the word out. In the meantime, if you know any of the other local boardmembers, please invite them to check out this thread.

I'm also going to change the thread title, giving the date. While school is in session, I can really only host on a weekend, and since I've offered my home, I checked my calendar for availability and hope this works for as many of you as possible.

Open House, Sunday Feb. 7th, 1:00-4:00pm

Please PM me if you are able to come and I'll give you my address, etc.

I wish I could go, but it is too far for me.

Admin says I can't do a mass PM. I'll see about the cutting and pasting option. I'd like to really get the word out to local folks, but don't know about doing 60+ PM's . . . . :roll: :roll: Please pass the word along! ;)

Well I would love to come as well, I live in Powers, way south though. I will try to figure something out if it comes together

I'd love to have EVERYBODY come . . . but my house is only so big. LOL.

That sounds like so much fun (even though I'm so new and nobody knows me...)! Oregon is just a little too far for me to travel for a day trip, as well.

I'd certainly love to attend something like this though - I'd even be (maybe..?) willing to host something of the sort as well... at some point... It sounded lie a great idea until I typed it.. now it just sounds intimidating!

It sounds like fun, anyway, and I wish I could make it!

Quote Originally Posted by ladygen
    That sounds like so much fun (even though I'm so new and nobody knows me...)! Oregon is just a little too far for me to travel for a day trip, as well.

I'd certainly love to attend something like this though - I'd even be (maybe..?) willing to host something of the sort as well... at some point... It sounded lie a great idea until I typed it.. now it just sounds intimidating!

It sounds like fun, anyway, and I wish I could make it!
    Welcome to the Board, Ladygen! Glad to have you here. :D Sorry you won't be able to make it to the Open House, but I can see how that would make for an exceptionally long day. I think it would be fun to try to have get togethers a few times a year. Maybe quarterly? I'm sure we could spread the locations around the region to make it more accessible for those who live further out. We'll have to see what develops down the road.

Again, welcome aboard!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

It would be so much fun to get together quarterly or so. I could even justify this upcoming one... if I wasn't going to retreat the weekend before and leaving me 2 1/2 year old for three days. I just can't seem to be okay with leaving for another WHOLE day (I'm a SAHM, see) the following weekend!

Definitely would love to do something of the sort, though!

I completely understand. I'm a SAHM too. My guys are 3 and 5. It certainly can be hard to be gone for too many days in a row. Hope you enjoy your retreat!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast