Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Waaahhhhmbulance update

Well, my little girl had to stay. They are TWO weeks out! I was so flabbergasted by that that they offered me a loaner. Pretty cool I thought since I didn't think to ask for one. I guess the look on my face said enough! lol

She opened it as much as I could have without getting into the computer area and she could see nothing. BUT, I think that you all are right and that there's thread somewhere in there. I am not at all comfortable with opening it up, especially if she wasn't, but I can tell you this.... I will NOT EVER in my life pull that thread out that way again. Clip and pull is what I'll be doing.

Also, I'll not use 'old' thread. It's the stuff that came from my grandma, and who knows how old it is. Could be 10 years at the least, and ??? at the most. I'm just not that desperate that I want to take the chance on using something that might be old, linty or whatever.

I'll keep you posted as to what the final verdict is. I do hope it's the thread, even though that means I'll have to pay for the stupid fix. I'd rather it be my fault than have it be some computer malfunction that will haunt me for years.

Thanks everyone!!!

Oh, the loaner is a Janome 2160DC. I've been playing with it a little bit and it's nice, but I am SO spoiled with my B/L.... I spent 10 minutes looking for the thread cutter that wasn't there. hahaha

Glad that they offered you a loaner!!!
    Hope is it something minor that you don't have to worry about and that won't cost you an arm and a leg!

I hope its an easy fix - great tip about the old thread - I think my mom still has thread that my granmother had and she has been gone for years.
    I purchased a cheap backup machine - just a Walmart Singer and its my "just in case" backup - I don't think I would last two weeks without. Good luck.

I hope your precious comes back as good as new! How distressing!

Good luck - hope they can find it.

I've got scores of old hread from Mom and Grandma - on wooden spools. I keep it on hand for buttons and quickie sewing repairs, segregated from my "real" thread :)

Glad you got a loaner!

I know I love my babylock as well. I love it more than my brother. They are pristine machines and sew like butter. I feel your pain. Had mine serviced earlier this year for her yearly. it was 2 weeks for mine. i sewed on my brother but it just wasn't the same.

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    WHAT are you talking aobut??
    Guess I missed something, LOL! :?

Jan in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Jan in VA
    WHAT are you talking aobut??
    Guess I missed something, LOL! :?

Jan in VA
    lol. I had previously posted about my BL Elizabeth that suddenly seized.