View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 12:15 PM
LLWinston44

Well, my little girl had to stay. They are TWO weeks out! I was so flabbergasted by that that they offered me a loaner. Pretty cool I thought since I didn't think to ask for one. I guess the look on my face said enough! lol

She opened it as much as I could have without getting into the computer area and she could see nothing. BUT, I think that you all are right and that there's thread somewhere in there. I am not at all comfortable with opening it up, especially if she wasn't, but I can tell you this.... I will NOT EVER in my life pull that thread out that way again. Clip and pull is what I'll be doing.

Also, I'll not use 'old' thread. It's the stuff that came from my grandma, and who knows how old it is. Could be 10 years at the least, and ??? at the most. I'm just not that desperate that I want to take the chance on using something that might be old, linty or whatever.

I'll keep you posted as to what the final verdict is. I do hope it's the thread, even though that means I'll have to pay for the stupid fix. I'd rather it be my fault than have it be some computer malfunction that will haunt me for years.

Thanks everyone!!!

Oh, the loaner is a Janome 2160DC. I've been playing with it a little bit and it's nice, but I am SO spoiled with my B/L.... I spent 10 minutes looking for the thread cutter that wasn't there. hahaha