Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Wall hangings--- I need ideas

I am finally (almost) caught up with my commitments. What I would like to tackle next is a wall hanging for my entrance way. If anyone has any great ideas or could point me towards some nice patterns, I would appreciate it.

I am thinking something that says welcome, or maybe just a pretty bouquet or something....I am open to anything at this point.

Lovely ideas! If you need anything to quilt or bind just contact me! LOL! I can't wait to see what you create next!

If you are thinking in flowers, how about something in stained glass like irises or tulips. There are some very attractive patterns around in this form of quilting and you could always put the word welcome underneath

I just finished a wall hanging - I used a panel I just fell in love with, and pieced a border for it. It was fun to experiment with different quilting in the panel sections :-) I made it super easy on myself; I used a jelly roll from the same line for the pieced border. There are some really nice panels out there!

Fabrics and panel from the Moda Fabulous Fall line
    Name:  Attachment-16935.jpe
Views: 15
Size:  39.2 KB

Roben, I love your wall hanging. How cute! :D :D

I just purchased this book: It is really cute!

http://www.hampsteadhousebooks.com/p...ducts_id=16766

This is very attractive. I have read a lot about jelly rolls but have never used them but will have to think seriously about it now, it certainly adds effect to borders

i saw a beautiful wall hanging in Am Patchwork and Quilting last year. It was red roses growing on a white picket fence. I hope to get to it someday.

I didn't open the links. I have dial-up and am having problems anyway, but how about a stained-glass type? That's what I really want to get into! You can do it without having the black bias tape by using a black background and putting the colors on top and satin stitching around them.