Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Walmart will continue to sell fabric

I just left Walmart on Zebulon Rd in Macon, Georgia. The manager said they told her they will continue to sell fabric after the remodel. She had marked down older fabrics that had been on the wall forever. She said they have gotten new fabrics in so they are changing out the regular fabrics on the wall. I noticed Saturday when I went to the Perry, Georgia store they also had marked down fabrics and had gotten some new fabrics for their wall. The manager wasn't working so I could not ask her if they were keeping their fabric as well. I wish we had a section for Walmart fabrics since this is such a hot topic for a lot of us.

Blog Entries
    YAY!! I live in cordele ga about an hour from macon! I will have to go check it out! My daughter will be having surgery at Mancon Medical Center Feb 1! So maybe when we come for pre opt i can also go shopping!! :) :)

Blog Entries
    I love to hear about this happening :D:D:D

You can add this as a virtual section...

How to add threads to virtual sections

At the top-left corner of each thread there is a link called "Add To Virtual Section". (Or it may say 'Add to Topic list')

Once you click on that link, you'll see a list of virtual sections. Clicking on a title of a virtual section will add the thread to the respective section.

In Missouri, several Walmart stores went up for remodel. Each one, after the remodel, discontinued selling fabric on the bolt. Instead, they sold fat quarters, jellies, and units with 1 to 2 yards. Their selection and quality of the fabrics went down. They even had "kits" so you could make crafty items including quilts. The thread selection was limited, about 2/3 of the original stand. It was disappointing to see it all go. I noticed yesterday, they are selling 5 yd. bolts of some fabric in our store again. It is cheap, and not even cotton!
    I hope this doesn't happen to your store. Luckily, there are quilt shops in the area who charge reasonable prices. Up in the city, fabric goes for around $10 a yard. At that price, I would run out of fabric quickly!

Live in SC. All the Walmarts here that I have visited in our state discontinued fabric over a year ago. Sad. Their fabric was resonably priced....and in our small town it is 1 1/2 hrs to a bigger city.
    Thanks for sharing info.
    Chris

Our Wal mart discontinued fabric about a year ago, went with a small area with thread and a few notions. I went last month to purchase batting and they have discontinued all sewing, nothing is available here. I have to travel 35 miles or buy on line. We do have LQS but w/limited selections and higher prices.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tyoung
    In Missouri, several Walmart stores went up for remodel. Each one, after the remodel, discontinued selling fabric on the bolt. Instead, they sold fat quarters, jellies, and units with 1 to 2 yards. Their selection and quality of the fabrics went down. They even had "kits" so you could make crafty items including quilts. The thread selection was limited, about 2/3 of the original stand. It was disappointing to see it all go. I noticed yesterday, they are selling 5 yd. bolts of some fabric in our store again. It is cheap, and not even cotton!
    I hope this doesn't happen to your store. Luckily, there are quilt shops in the area who charge reasonable prices. Up in the city, fabric goes for around $10 a yard. At that price, I would run out of fabric quickly!
    Same with my store near me. I wouldn't even call it "fabric". It is all very poor quality. I bought a piece of broadcloth for a tote bag lining there only because it matched the outer fabric I was using perfectly. For a tote bag it was fine but I sure wouldn't use if for a quilt, very stiff and undrapeable.

I was just in my Walmarts a little while ago and had to walk thru the fabric section.
    They have more fabric than they have ever had.
    The best cotton is now $5.44 a yard and it is nice.
    Clerk still says it is going in 2012 but that is subject to change I'm sure.

Didn't buy any!

The Wallmarts near me have also stopped selling fabric buy the bolt. :( They did have some nice ones too!
    sass

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast