Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Want To Vent >

Want To Vent

Want To Vent

Old 11-17-2010, 12:35 PM

I just started re-doing a BOM because I sent my 12 finished blocks to Missgigglewings for the charity quilts for the wounded Veterans. I got all comfy last night and cut out my pieces, sat down and re-did block 1.

It looks worse than the first one I did. For some reason, I decided to pin the seams a little different, putting a pin straight down in the center of the seam of both pieces to align the seams then I put a pin on each side and pulled the center vertical pin out. My LQS teacher uses this method.

Apparently that method doesn't work for me. Don't think I'm going to take it out though, maybe I'll move onto number 2 and see what happens.

I'm also using the new 1/4 foot for the Horizon and it's working ok, except I'm getting a clicking sound when the needle goes down. Hmmmmm.

Thanks for letting me vent. Maybe I just had my head up my you know what last night. I should have started my evening with some Parrot Bay rum first. LOL.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:40 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Deep breath, grab a glass of wine, Relax and then begin again.. No worries.. its suppose to be fun.. You'll get there..
Old 11-17-2010, 12:43 PM
Power Poster

I don't take my aligning seam pin out. And I put another pin right next to it but not on both sides of it. Give that a try. Maybe last night wasn't a good night to piece.

I would be concerned about that clicking noise with your new foot.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:44 PM
alimaui

The needle clicking sound could be that your bobbin is misaligned. (or needs cleaning)

Old 11-17-2010, 12:50 PM

You know what, I'll bet it is the bobbin, I hadn't cleaned it out from the FMQ I was doing last week.

I will check it tonight, thanks Alimaui. I notice you're a local girl too. I'm from Manchester.

Thanks everybody.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:18 PM

Clean that bobbin before it makes you crazy! Chester girl (raised in Guilford) here.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:27 PM

All the shoreline girls have made their appearance. Great thing about Connecticut, you can drive to anywhere in the state in under an hour. I love Lenny & Joe's in Westbrook. Nice to meet you both.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:33 PM

The pin method is what I use to keep my seams straight too. I had to practice on it before I really got it down pat and sometimes I still have to pull out my trusty seam ripper! I put the straight pin through each of the seams I mean when they come out on the other side they have the outer edge on both sides-I've really divided the two fabrics. Then I keep that there and pin on each side and then on the ends.......then I take the straight pin out. You probably know more than do so please just know that I am just explaining how I do it.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
Deep breath, grab a glass of wine, Relax and then begin again.. No worries.. its suppose to be fun.. You'll get there..
Grab some chocolate, too!!! :thumbup: