Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: Wanted: Fun ideas for quilt retreats

What great idea! Thanks to everyone for sharing!

thanks I've been toying with this idea. :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by Holice
    do you know the dice game "Left, Right, Center"
    Played with fat quarters. If you throw dice and L comes up you pass a fat quarter to the one on left, or Right or put one in center.
    Can get the game at toy stores, Bed Bath and Beyond, etc.
    Last one with a fat quarter wins all in the center.
    I played this at a Quilting Camp last year and it was so much fun with lots of laughter. Our instructor gave each lady 3 fat quarters to begin with and with 15 of us playing the winner at the end of the game would end up with 45 FQ's. During the 5 days of camp we played it 7-8 times. The FQ fabric was beautiful too.

Quote Originally Posted by deedum
    I like the idea of a little auction, everyone could bring something they no longer wanted and auction it off, or a swap fo some sort! That would be cool!
    I attended a retreat, and we brought a "spare" or unused gadget (that is useful and not just unwanted junk) and then put them all together, had times where our names would get picked out of a small bucket, and you get a "freebie" to take home.....

at our retreat 2 yrs ago, there was a "murder" LOL... Someone (or a few) apparently got the hotel staff to let them into the room after everyone had gone to bed. Then next morning, there was the outline of a body in masking tape, things in the room were askew, and there was yellow caution tape in the doorway... to this day, we still do not know who the responsible party (ies) were... but it gets brought up and laughed about every time retreat is mentioned at a meeting ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5