Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Warm wishes curiosity

Blog Entries
    Is it typical for the Warm Wishes pattern to be 2", 3", 2" strips with a 6" square??? I would imagine you could make them any size you wanted, accordingly, of course but I have only seen the above measurements in the "googled" patterns. Curious minds want to know! lol Plus I am supposed to be painting closet doors.. I AM STALLING ..........

k3n
    Blog Entries
    I had a quick google and this was the best pattern I came up with http://www.ashevillequiltguild.org/A...or%20Linus.pdf

The size given everywhere was as you say but I don't see a reason why you couldn't change the strip sizes make them first then cut your squares to match; hey, you could do a teeny tiny version as a doll quilt.... :wink:

Haven't made one, have the fabric! And I wanted to change the size a bit to match the focus fabric. I think you can do anything you want to with this! Be sure to chare your pictures! :lol:

I did one with each of the stripes the same size. I liked the look better, so I did it with 2 1/2 inch each of the three colors. it turned out but I forgot to take a pic before I gave it to be auctioned of for a food drive fund raiser. I got rave review so others liked it too.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    I just mocked up a couple of examples in Quilt Wizard - one with strips the same and one different. I liked the strips the same too but I think the sashing effect is more pronounced with the outer strips narrower. This is a pattern I've heard mentioned quite a lot on the board but never really investigated - I thought 'simple' would mean 'boring' but it isn't at all - just goes to show!

Hey BTQ - get on with your painting - you've started something here! :D

I have done it with a 7" square and the strips were 3.5, 2.25 & 2.25. I would imagine you can make the squares any size you want and just adjust the strips accordingly

Blog Entries
    Thanks for all your in-put. As mentioned - I was just curious! Painting up-date. 2 doors finished, 3 to go.. Company coming so gotta get this finished by weekend. Did I mention in between Forum and painting - I made 2 batches of blackberry syrup and a batch of blackberry jam??? And it isn't even 1:00 yet! Phew! They'll be time for quilting today.. wahoo! BTQ

Thanks for sharing this pattern I hadn't seen it before.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    WTG BTQ!

I pieced a little doll quilt last night with strips of 1" - 1.5"- 1" and 2.5" squares - looks great, even though it's me who says it that shouldn't! I did 7 blocks by 9 so it finishes at 14" x 18" and I'll probably add a 2" border.

But shh, don't tell anyone over on the doll quilt swap, although it's NOT for this month's! :wink:

It went together so quick and the effect is really amazing. I'm glad i tried this pattern - thanks BTQ for the inspiration!

Sorry can't post a pic as it's for a 'future' swap! :D

Quote Originally Posted by k3n
    WTG BTQ!

I pieced a little doll quilt last night with strips of 1" - 1.5"- 1" and 2.5" squares - looks great, even though it's me who says it that shouldn't! I did 7 blocks by 9 so it finishes at 14" x 18" and I'll probably add a 2" border.

But shh, don't tell anyone over on the doll quilt swap, although it's NOT for this month's! :wink:

It went together so quick and the effect is really amazing. I'm glad i tried this pattern - thanks BTQ for the inspiration!

Sorry can't post a pic as it's for a 'future' swap! :D
    K

Sounds wonderful I WANT IT LOL

Tisha

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast