Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Warning/Rotating mats

Warning/Rotating mats

Went to use my rotating mat and it wouldn't rotate because the cutting mat was bowed just enough where it wouldn't sit on the round bottom piece.Store your mat flat and not on it's side like I did to prevent that.Hope this helps.........
    Mary

oh, what a sad lesson ;-(
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

Had the same thing happen to my UK Creative Grids rotating board but my Japan made Clover rotating board pivots on a central anchored point and it is absolutely fine!!

So sorry that you have a warped board, do you think if you warmed it with a gentle heat hairdryer and then put a heavy weight on it.......worth a try, what do you think?

thanks for the info, I just purchased a rotating mat and have it stored on its side, after reading board will find a new home for it. Sorry yours no longer rotates

I stored mine on its side too, for the first few months I had it. I kept bumping it when I would get out other rulers, and it would come apart in two pieces, which I had to put back together. So, I slid it under an easy chair here in my room, which means it is not stored flat. I was afraid I might have warped it, but I just tried it, and it is okay. I've only used it twice. Glad I will be able to use it again.

Mary, thanks for the warning on this. I probably should have stored mine flat from day one.

Dina

Opps, I mean to type it is now stored flat, not "it is not stored flat." Guess I should proofread BEFORE I push reply...

Dina

Thanks for the warning I will go put mine flat right now!!!!!

Oh no, I made my own out of a lazy susan turntable and store it sideways all the time, not a problem...I think it works better than the ones you buy.

Blog Entries
    rats, i have two and store them on their sides. i must find room for them to lay flat.

Rushing off to my sewing room to get my rotating mat off the shelf and lay it flat. Thanks!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast