Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Washing large yardages means >

Washing large yardages means

Washing large yardages means

Old 03-26-2011, 07:27 PM

Thanks for the great idea!
Old 03-26-2011, 07:30 PM

Good to know, but sheesh, my fridge is always overflowing!
Old 03-26-2011, 07:33 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Oh thank you!!!!!! That's a great idea. Off to bookmark it :)
My Mom used one of those bottles with the sprinkler top and rolled up all the clothes. Nice memory :)
Haven't seen her do that in a long time lol
I have two of those still.....with the cork...won't fit in a plastic water bottle..I tried...might have to buy an old soda bottle to store them in for memories sake...I loved watching my granny iron with the soda sprinkler!
My Mom doesn't know what happened to it Boo hoo!
Also the aprons she wore everyday!!!
I'm always asking her for vintage goodies lol
Old 03-26-2011, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Oh thank you!!!!!! That's a great idea. Off to bookmark it :)
My Mom used one of those bottles with the sprinkler top and rolled up all the clothes. Nice memory :)
Haven't seen her do that in a long time lol
Thanks for that memory. I lost my mom when I was 12 so not a whole lot of memories of her since she worked full time 2nd shift but I do remember the coke bottle with the holes on top and her rolling the clothes. she would let me help iron Dad's hankies when I was around 8, before he passed away. Memories are great, thanks for reminding me of a simpler time ...
Old 03-27-2011, 04:10 AM

Well just don't do what I did and will never do again. I'm getting all my fabric organized and found a bolt of Kona 108" wide that hadn't been washed. You guessed it! 15 yds of 108" went into washer. :shock: Well what came out of the dryer is an ever loving MESS! Can't even talk myself into trying to tackle the mound of material that's there. Its still sitting on LR couch where I placed a few days ago! :oops:

I think it'll wait until I can put it on the clothes line the full length and then try to tackle the folding of it that way. OMG will NEVER do again.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:13 AM

My Mom always had ironing in the fridge!
Old 03-27-2011, 04:18 AM

I do the water sprinkle/roll for my linen napkins that come out once a year(Thanksgiving). Hadn't tried the frig thing, will have to give that a try. Thanks for the hint.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by sewcrafty
Well just don't do what I did and will never do again. I'm getting all my fabric organized and found a bolt of Kona 108" wide that hadn't been washed. You guessed it! 15 yds of 108" went into washer. :shock: Well what came out of the dryer is an ever loving MESS! Can't even talk myself into trying to tackle the mound of material that's there. Its still sitting on LR couch where I placed a few days ago! :oops:

I think it'll wait until I can put it on the clothes line the full length and then try to tackle the folding of it that way. OMG will NEVER do again.
oh my gosh.....I would have cut it into king or queen size backing size pieces and done them separately....you will need a wheelbarrow to get it out to the line....good luck...wish I could come help...
Old 03-27-2011, 08:12 AM

For those of us that remember the old bottle with sprinkle top, clothes rolled and placed in fridge and then ironed the next day, boy are we dating ourselves.
Does anyone remember the metal stretch stays that were placed inside dads pants to keep the crease in them?
Boy where has the time flown too?
oh the good old days.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MamaHen
For those of us that remember the old bottle with sprinkle top, clothes rolled and placed in fridge and then ironed the next day, boy are we dating ourselves.
Does anyone remember the metal stays that were placed inside dads pants to keep the crease in them?
Boy where has the time flown too?
oh the good old days.
hey..I am not 50 yet...not that dated..heehhehehe
don't remember metal stays though...then again the military uniforms had to have sharp starched creases...