Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Waverly cotton fabric. >

Waverly cotton fabric.

Waverly cotton fabric.

Old 06-01-2015, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by mom-6 View Post
I also recognize the Waverly brand as being associated with home decor. However they very well may have added quilting targeted fabrics to their line. I've used many of their home decor fabrics and been very pleased.

Regarding the thread count, unless the threads involved are the same size, it is not relevant.
A smaller thread may very well have more per inch yet not be as dense as a fabric with thicker threads. (Hope this makes sense)
There was some really nice heavier weight Waverly fabric at Walmart that would be wonderful for me when I get ready to cover my cushions again. Only problem for me would be I will need at least 11 or 12 yards and not sure they will have the quantity I need.
Old 06-02-2015, 03:45 AM

I have bought and used the Waverly cotton from WM. The last time I was there the Department Head waited on me. She said they were surprised when the Waverly fabric shipment first came in. With each shipment they are getting more and more. They have a nice selection of colors in the solids. The prints have beautiful colors but are on the more modern side. I would definitely use them for charity quilts.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:25 AM

I bought some myself and loved the price and the reviews on here.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:57 AM
Power Poster

I used to buy a lot of my fabric from Wal-Mart, until they discontinued the fabric dept. at my local and other nearby Wal-Marts. Granted, there were some fabrics I would pass on because they were too flimsy, thin or just didn't feel right, but the majority of fabric was suitable for the quilts I made.
Old 06-02-2015, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by TexasSunshine View Post
I noticed the Waverly fabric at WM also and thought it was a little thin. Ii have not bought any yet but I will try it when I need a solid. I wished they carried prints, I don't use many solids except in small amounts.
Our Wal Mart, because we are in county have a lot of fabrics and they are now carriyng color lines in prints and matching solids in lots of colors. Pieces I bought washed well, I always surge so no raveling and they were great.
Old 06-02-2015, 05:47 PM

I have bought several yards of the Waverly fabric and I personally think it's lovely. I bought a pink with white polka dots and a blue polka dot also. Our local store has lovely fabrics and I have had no problem with them at all. I just cut up 2 yards of the solid white to use in a quilt and it didn't ravel anymore than any of the quilt shop fabrics. I have washed it also and it turns out great, I used a black Waverly for a quilt.