Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Waxing quilting table >

Waxing quilting table

Waxing quilting table

Old 08-12-2010, 04:10 AM

I was having trouble and I got some Machinegers (I think that's the name) gloves with the little dimples. I don't quite know why but having a better grip on the fabric seemed to make it move easier , or maybe I could move the fabric easier. I've also heard that some people used regular platex gloves. I tried the teflon sheet that you tape down on the face of the machine and it kept moving. I don't know if the tape wasn't strong enought or in the wrong place, but just didn't work for me, and it was seemed pricey.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:33 AM

my late dh made me an extension table to fit my sewing machine about 12 yrs ago out of plywood.the only thing i could think to cover it w/was contact paper.it gides like a dream&ihave notroublew/shifting,etc.have re-covered it several times over the yrs.just go over the top of the old,works like a charm!one little tip for eaSE OF APPLICATION........DAMPEN THE TOP OF WHAT YOU'RE WORKING ON w/water & a few drops of dish soap.makes it easier to adjust,then use a squeegie,orr just a dry rag to smooth out.any small air pockets.poke w/pin& squeeze out air.i've ctually papered the wall over my backsplash w/it[like wall paper] several times,it cleans up great!......dar
Old 01-02-2014, 01:08 PM

Do you think Swiffer spray would work as well as Pledge? I have lots of Swiffer spray! My fabric is really catching on the wood and I can see that the wood is dry.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:43 PM
Power Poster

I was told not to use any spray cleaner/wax/polish on my extension table. Over time it will deteriorate and crack. If you have wood then any good furniture wax will work.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:30 PM

I use the Supreme Slider and find it's just the ticket for what I need.