Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: We all need to save where we can - me on ink cartridges

I was paying $60 for a full set of colored ink cartridges: you know Black, Magenta, Cyan and Yellow. I use Brother LC61 for my all-in-one printer.

I found this place online

Compandsave.com

I am the consumate skeptic - read all the reviews - decided that for $25.00 for a set of 10 cartridges (in my case it was 2 of each color and 4 black) - worst case I would have to send them back with a nasty letter.

My printer ran out of Magenta and I ordered online. They came in fairly quickly (can't remember how long) and I carefully put it in. The entire time praying it wasn't going to break and spill ink all over everything. Oh yes, I can imagine the worst case scenario every time. It worked! I started printing (holding my breath) - wow nice! Didn't dry quite as quick but works. Have since changed, yellow and cyan. Still ticking right along.

Just wanted to give you all a heads up. With the economy the way it is now, we all need to save. I'm sure they're probably made overseas, but right now, I need to save the money I can't save the economy by buying from Brother right now, although I'd like to. Give those online ink suppliers a try - it's saving me a bundle. (Now, it may print less - but so far so good and they say it prints the same quantity)

And NO, I have absolutely no affiliation with anybody that sells ink.

Power Poster
    Good to know, thanks!

Blog Entries
    thanks for the information

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    I'm gonna have to check them out. Thank you!

Here we can take in our empty cartridges to the print shop and get a refilled one at a discounted price. Also our local newsagent has generic ones for half the price of the printer brand names, I have used both services with no problems.

Blog Entries
    Which one did you use? I am in the same boat

Quote Originally Posted by M.I.Late
    I was paying $60 for a full set of colored ink cartridges: you know Black, Magenta, Cyan and Yellow. I use Brother LC61 for my all-in-one printer.

I found this place online

Compandsave.com

I am the consumate skeptic - read all the reviews - decided that for $25.00 for a set of 10 cartridges (in my case it was 2 of each color and 4 black) - worst case I would have to send them back with a nasty letter.

My printer ran out of Magenta and I ordered online. They came in fairly quickly (can't remember how long) and I carefully put it in. The entire time praying it wasn't going to break and spill ink all over everything. Oh yes, I can imagine the worst case scenario every time. It worked! I started printing (holding my breath) - wow nice! Didn't dry quite as quick but works. Have since changed, yellow and cyan. Still ticking right along.

Just wanted to give you all a heads up. With the economy the way it is now, we all need to save. I'm sure they're probably made overseas, but right now, I need to save the money I can't save the economy by buying from Brother right now, although I'd like to. Give those online ink suppliers a try - it's saving me a bundle. (Now, it may print less - but so far so good and they say it prints the same quantity)

And NO, I have absolutely no affiliation with anybody that sells ink.
    I was doing that too until I went to K-Mart and found that by buying them separate they were only $10 each which made it $40 for the set of 4. It is smart to look around for the best buys.

Wow, thanks for the great tip! Awesome!

Thanks for the tip

I get mine refilled at Costco... Very reasonable.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast