Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: We Loved Lancaster

Our trip to Lancaster was a huge success thanks to all of you. We bought enough fabric for several projects and the prices were sooo good.Good thing we had a gps or we never would have found Burkholders and that was one of the best. We found Obies by accident but oh what a place. Never saw anything like it. Loved the Kettle Kitchen and stocked up on jams and jellies,salsa, and beets, delicious beets! Thanks for all your suggestions, We will be going back. By the way we stayed at Cortyard Inn and Suites on Lincoln Highway. 89.00 a night and it was beautiful. The rooms were spotless and each bed had a beautiful country quilt on it. Free breakfast too. Shady Maple was good for dinner, overwhelming amount of food.

Glad you had a good time in Lancaster. I go there about 4 times a year. I only live about 1.5 hours away. I really like going in the Fall. It is sooo nice, gets you in the mood for quilting.

Blog Entries
    So glad you enjoyed your trip. And that you got to experience Obie's.

I am so close that I hope to meet up with any visitors to my area. It would be great to put a face to some board members.

I'll be heading that way either Mon. or Wed. of next week. Since I have no projects to buy for currently I think I'll check out some places I haven't been to yet. Not even sure which ones they might be!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Sounds like a wonderful trip!! :D:D

I love to hear how others have a good time in Lancaster. I am fortunate enough to live a little over 1hr away. I used to go there quite frequently for busines & quilting supplies. I am staying away until I use more fabrics from my large stash. Obie's is an experience it itself!

Glad you enjoyed your trip

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnie
    So glad you enjoyed your trip. And that you got to experience Obie's.

I am so close that I hope to meet up with any visitors to my area. It would be great to put a face to some board members.
    One experience at Obie's was enough for me. I really wanted to check out a fabric that was in the middle of a pile that was way up high but decided being crushed by bolts of fabric wasn't the way I wanted to leave this world. LOL!

See your are in Morgantown, did you hear that Hayloft Fabrics is closing? New supermarket going in downstairs and they don't want fabric upstairs.

we couldnt find it, had a hard time, wish the were closer together. Burkholders had full bolts forb 2.50 a yard!!!