Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: western shirt pattern with quilted fabric

Blog Entries

western shirt pattern with quilted fabric

I would like to make a ladies western shirt using material that has been pieced. I cannot find a ladies western shirt pattern!! I don't want the "rodeo" or "Hollywood" type. Just a simple western shirt. Can anyone help or any of you fellow Texas ladies have resources that I can order from. Thanks much!!
    Frankie,
    Toy Poodle Lacybelle's mom

I think Kwik-sew has a pattern for a ladies western shirt. They hardly ever come on sale, but I sure do like them.

Check out the pattern books...McCall's. Simplicity, Butterick, Vogue....Hancock's and Joann's runs these on sale once a month....Look in the costume sections of each book...they may also have the ladies western cut shirts in the shirts/blouses/tops sections. You can also pull all these pattern books up on line and check them out ahead of time...in your jammies....LOL I know youre not looking for a "costume" as such, but the cut/style of the pattern. That's why i mentioned the "costume " sections of the pattern books....It's all in how you make it as to whether or not it's a costume or a fashion.
    Those who are piecemakers will sew seeds.

Hugs,
    Drue

Senior Member Cheshirecatquilter's Avatar
    I just did a quick search on "western clothes patterns", and lots of sites popped up.

Blog Entries
    Here's a pattern that may work for you... http://www.suitability.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=3
    Janome D1822/Janome 4618LE/1946 Singer 15-91 in original cabinet
    Bailey 17 Pro/Grace Original GMQ Frame with No-Flex carriage upgrade

I'm almost positive I have one. I think it was Simplicity. If you can't find one elsewhere, PM me and I can send you mine. It's never been used.
    Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down the their level and beat you with experience.

I know the price of patterns has gone higher than the price of food! If you can't find a pattern in your size for what you want to pay, try finding a western shirt at Goodwill and cut it apart to use as a pattern.

Google Simplicity or another
    do a search for western wear
    Simplicity sorta has one 2447 pattern
    Syl