Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What am I going to do with these???????

What am I going to do with these???????

I was cleaning upstairs and found thses.I made these when we spent 10 days at hospital 18 months ago with my grand daughters 1st time in with Chrohns.she did not want to be alone and I needed something to do.Hancocks was a mile away and got fabric and thread and a needle.now I have a to go bag always ready. What can I do with these???? too many yoyo's
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter

Oh my, I don't have a clue...but you sure got a lot!!!!

Blog Entries
    Make a yo yo clown or doll. Probably find a pattern by googleing.
    Quilting with a friend keeps me in stitches.

Trish

I saw a yo yo quilt one time: someone had sewn the yoyo's onto long strips and then made them into a quilt, it was very cute. They had a yoyo strip alternating with a plain strip all the way across.

Find a nice coordinating piece of fabric and tack them to it where the circles intersect leave a seam allowance without the yo yo's.. Then make a pillow or tote bag with it. Then you will have a great memory item to remember the time together.
    Last edited by RedGarnet222; 12-10-2012 at 04:22 PM.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

That's a lot of yo-yos!! I saw some patterns last week at JoAnn's for some yo-yo pets...they were really cute.
    Sorry that your Granddaughter has Crohns. How old is she? My husband has it and has gone on a new medicine that seems to be helping immensely. There seems to be a lot of it anymore. Our daughter has the beginning stages of it and really has to watch her diet. Hope that your Granddaughter is better.

I've seen a lot of different critters, clown, and things with yo-yo's. Maybe do a web search.

Of course you could also make them into a throw. It's not my thing but they sure were popular years ago.

ali
    Have fun quilting! If it isn't fun, you will miss a lot.
    ali

Quote Originally Posted by Jennie and Me View Post
    That's a lot of yo-yos!! I saw some patterns last week at JoAnn's for some yo-yo pets...they were really cute.
    Sorry that your Granddaughter has Crohns. How old is she? My husband has it and has gone on a new medicine that seems to be helping immensely. There seems to be a lot of it anymore. Our daughter has the beginning stages of it and really has to watch her diet. Hope that your Granddaughter is better.
    she is 16 now.she has Remicaid infusions every 4-5 weeks and it helps a lot
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter

You probably could sell them....just google yo yo quilts and you will see lots of ideas!
    Linda

I just Googled yo-yo quilts and some websites came up. There is one filled with images of different yo-yo quilts...really neat pictures. Bet if you went in, you will find some ideas you can use. Good luck!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast