Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I'm going, going, gone!

I'm outta here! In a couple of hours I'm going to my first quilting retreat at Threads of Time in Danville Il. :thumbup: :lol: :thumbup: I've worked and worked getting all three of us organized, packed up, and the house cleaned before vacation (Thursday) so now I'm off on a "Mom's Mini Vacation" before we take off on the real one. The real one is going to be half relatively friendly (where we go see relatives and have to be friendly) then half real vacation where I get to go to Marshall Dry Goods. YEA!!!!! See ya.

enjoy RR, and don't let any bargains slip by you!

Aw, have a great time!

Have fun at Marshall's!!! Be safe.

Sounds like you have a some fun days ahead of you, enjoy.

Pam
    Enjoy, have a safe trip.

I'm green with envy! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    I would love to go on a treat and from what I've seen of Marshalls Dry Goods, would have to refinance my home. :thumbup: :) ;-) ;-)

Have a great trip and pick up tons of bargains and information!

Banned
    Have a great time and remember your best friend when you get to Marshalls....ME!!!!! LMAO!!! :lol: :lol:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Have a good time on the mini retreat and gets lots done :thumbup:

Don't forget to take pics :mrgreen:

Have a wonderful time!!!

Blog Entries
    I'm so excited for you! I've been on many quilting retreats and know that you're going to have a great time. The time will go by so fast and if you're like me, you will be bringing WAAAAAY too much stuff with you! :lol: Hopefully you will find other retreats in your area so you can continue going on them. All the places I've been to love having quilters come for retreats.

I haven't been to Marshall's Dry Goods, but hear really good things about that place here on the QB. Can't wait to see what you come home with!

Enjoy!

Have a wonderful time. When you get to Marshalls..go crazy and find all of those bargains. Any chance you will be able to see Marsye or Eddie...that would be so much fun :!:
    Please post pics, okay?

Blog Entries
    Have a wonderful time on YOUR mini vacation :D:D:D
    Can't wait to hear about it and see the pictures :D:D:D

Have a great time

Wow, sounds like fun. Have a great time.

Blog Entries
    awesome, have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by raptureready
    I'm outta here! In a couple of hours I'm going to my first quilting retreat at Threads of Time in Danville Il. :thumbup: :lol: :thumbup: I've worked and worked getting all three of us organized, packed up, and the house cleaned before vacation (Thursday) so now I'm off on a "Mom's Mini Vacation" before we take off on the real one. The real one is going to be half relatively friendly (where we go see relatives and have to be friendly) then half real vacation where I get to go to Marshall Dry Goods. YEA!!!!! See ya.

My short retreat was WONDERFUL!!!!! I was able to finish a lot of stuff, including my Hickory Nut table topper, 4 placemats and 8 coasters. Also I got an Americana wallhanging quilted and the binding sewn on the front, hemmed a pair of shorts for DD and put a zipper in a sweatshirt jacket. I also did one of my blocks for a BOM that I'm in, and last but not least got all my fabrics cut and labeled for the Carol Doak's workshop I'm taking upon my return. I got a couple other blocks cut out, taught another lady how to make the "nuts" quilt blocks, taught someone else how to use Thangles and in general had a great time. It was my first overnight quilting retreat but it won't be my last. I've got two free nights coming, one from a door prize at the Judy Martin trunk show and one from reward points. There's another open retreat in July and one in Sept. and Nov. If anyone want's to go just pm Mary Bird here on this board. She's a member now, she's also the organizer of open retreats at THREADS OF TIME FABRIC STORE. The open retreats are every other month and usually from 3pm on Sunday to sometime Thursday or you can go for a day or two if that's what you want. You just take your sewing machine and supplies, projects you want to work on, and food. BUT, if you forget some of your supplies there's a FANTASTIC fabric store just through the door. Anyway, if you want to do it, pm Mary and she'll give you all the particulars.

Banned
    Have a wonderful time ! I'm interested in this thread . I was born and raised in the Danville . Il area . Just 12 miles south of Danville , in Georgetown . Ever heard of it ? Annie

Quote Originally Posted by stitchinMamaw
    Have a wonderful time ! I'm interested in this thread . I was born and raised in the Danville . Il area . Just 12 miles south of Danville , in Georgetown . Ever heard of it ? Annie
    Oh, yes, been there many times. One of my sisters married a man from Georgetown. Unfortunately he turned out to be a bummer. When his "secrets" were finally uncovered (after 32 yrs) she divorced him.

If you ever get back around here to visit be sure and stop in at Threads of Time, you'd LOVE it. It's just 2-3 blocks S of Main on Buchanan. Can't miss it, there's a big vintage looking clock outside.

Blog Entries
    Have fun.

Banned
    raptureready is in Mt View staying at my cabins :wink: and going to Marshall Dry Goods tomorrow...my favorite fabric store. ;) Oh I wish I was with her! :lol:

I miss seeing her around, but glad she is having a good time!

well I can tell you are having fun already :XD:
    Bring back lots of pics if they let you and tell us all about your fab finds. :-D

OHHHHHH, we're having a great time. I did the retreat, got a lot done, can't wait till July for the next one. We went to Texas, visited with kids, grandkids and great grandkids, had a great Memorial Day weekend and now are in Arkansas. Today is MARSHALL DRY GOODS day. We're staying at Marsye's favorite place, Pinewood Cabins---very nice. We'll be leaving Friday morning and be home Friday night. Rest on Saturday, church Sunday morning and Sunday evening I'm leaving to go back to Threads of Time in Danville for a Carol Doak trunk show. I get to spend the night and attend her workshop the next day. She limits her workshops to 20 students so I felt very lucky to get in.

IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN ATTENDING A RETREAT CONTACT MARY BIRD (she's a member of this board) AND LET HER KNOW. YOU CAN ATTEND FOR JUST A DAY OR STAY OVERNIGHT, OR STAY FOR SEVERAL DAYS. IT'S A FAB PLACE AND THE RETREATS ARE WONDERFUL!!!!! Mary is the lady behind organizing the retreats.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast