Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What batting do you use?

What batting do you use?

What is your favorite batting to use?

I really do like Warm & Natural but seems to be getting pricey. As an alternative, especially for kids quilts, I've been using a good flannel when it is on sale at Joanns ... I just be sure to launder it first cuz it does shrink, but it has a nice 'hand' and is soft and cozy.
    Warm quilt hugs, Sue in CA
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PostCardMailArt

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death....Rosalind Russell

Hobbs Hierloom 80/20 (80% cotton/20% polyester) or Hobbs Wool.

Blog Entries
    My favorite is Tuscany wool and Tuscany silk if I'm fmqing. I use Hobbs 80/20 for big utility quilts. I have a bolt of Warm and Natural to use for projects and wallhangings. I like to try different battings and buy a package of new to me types to try. If a LA is quilting my quilt I always ask what batting will be used and ask for a sample. There are many good battings available. Fairfield traditional is one I started with and still use from time to time.
    Got fabric?

Blog Entries
    I have tried many different types and even have a personal review of various types on my blog. Having said that, I really like Hobbs 80/20. I am not a big fan of polyster batts and recently did 4 charity quilts using Morning Glory 100 percent polyster and I do not think I will use it again.
    A bed without a quilt is like the night sky without stars.

http://californiaquilting.blogspot.com/

Power Poster
    ​I love Hobbs 80/20 fusible batt.

I have not used that many different battings...I just used a Fairfield 80/20 for the first time a bit back for something. I can't even think what. I can see liking it if I had a long arm, but I got the quilt started, then something happened that it set for a while puddled under my machine and I swear it seemed to get fluffier. Still, I did like it after it was done.

I have used Warm and Natural and Warm and white, and like both. A lot.

So far, though, my love is Quilter's Dream Cotton. Something about the way it softly drapes...even after quite a bit of quilting.

Oh, and I have used that cheap polyester batting from Joann's. I have used it and only tied it and it stayed in place really nice. It has a scrim. I have also quilted one quilt on the machine using it and it did fairly good.

Quilters Dream , and Hobbs 80/20.

Blog Entries
    Quilters Dream Cotton!
    -Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy -and- sorrow, stitched with love- http://spudgrandma.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast