Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What to do with Fat Quarters??

Blog Entries
    Check out Quilter's Cache and there is a 12" block called Depression (named after the Depression and small pieces of fabric used to make a quilt. I love this pattern, very simple, very easy.

I am a Fat quarter addict. You truly are a fat quarter addict, when you buy 1/4 of a yard of fabric instead of the packs of one or more fat quarters!!!!!!!! Edie
    Home is where the rags of your life are turned into quilts, lemons become lemonade and a few extra pounds are simply welcomed as "more of you to love."
    I am so confused. I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse."

BELIEVE

fat quarters

Here is a quilt I made with some of my scraps and fat quarters The pattern is called "Scrappy Bargello" and it's on Bonnie Hunters site called Quiltville.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 

stack and wack using fat quarters - has other names but can't remember

Try a Paper-Piecing Project..I buy fat 1/4s as they are more convenient to use when cutting my pieces..I have a closet full of them and I do eventually get around to using them.

Turning Twenty is done with FQ's and is soooo pretty.

Wickedly Easy....a free pattern download.... https://www.byannie.com/free-patterns/ The pattern truly is wickedly easy. It uses fat quarters with virtually no waste. I did mine in blues, but could be easily turned into a scrappy of many colors.
    Last edited by Buckeye Rose; 09-11-2013 at 05:20 AM.

Fat Quarters are perfect for scrappy quilts. Even if they don't go together, they can look great. When I make scrappys I make certain to have a consistent light background, usually off white but I have seen some excellant white whites. Try the modabakeshop.com to find fat quarter patterns if a scrappy doesn't appeal to you.

Blog Entries
    Lucky Stars by Atkinson calls for 30 fat quarters - probably just type in Lucky Stars here in the Search box and a bunch of them will show up - HTH
    Nikki in MO

Blog Entries
    I am the same as you, lot's of fat quarters and no idea what to do with them. I just started using mine last week and am in the process of making this cubed quilt. For each block you need a light, a medium and a dark that you think go together. Here's a picture of my WIP.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quilt for charity? An I Spy type quilt if you have a big variety. I am thinking of doing a jigsaw puzzle baby quilt with my FQs.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast