Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What to do with this panel?

The fabric is BFF by Tracy Lizotte for Elizabeth's Studio. The single panel was only 6.50. Several of the online companies carry it but I had to order the companion fabric from Arizona Quilts and Fabric Depot. Thanks for all your suggestions.

Power Poster
    casn al;so use on bags from logos you dont like on bags
    QUILTNMO

Instead of using plain filler blocks, I would use some 9-patch blocks in similar fabric colors and then sash all the blocks in a slightly darker color.
    QuiltnLady1

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

I've always liked the 'Sidelights' pattern (http://www.robertkaufman.com/quiltin...ns/sidelights/) for showing off fabulous fabric.

Maybe pull out some quiet blenders to serve as background or alternate with the smaller blocks. Looks like you might be able to use some of the dotted background of the panel as sashing or make into four-patches to fill in?

Love the panel!
    Linda
    http://quiltingbiker.blogspot.com

I was looking at fairy panels for my DGDD and came across this quilt. Just love the layout. You might try googling fairy quilts and see what comes up. I'm suggesting this search because this Michael Miller fabric line has large panels and smaller panels plus the coordinating fabrics.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maureen View Post
    I recently purchased these two panels. One is for my BFF and one for me. I also ordered two yards of the companion fabric, one brown with beige print and the other beige with brown. I dont have that yet so I cant show you. My thought was to put the larger one in the center and the smaller ones in each corner. What do I put in between? Squares of fabric. I never worked with a panel before. Not sure what to do. Anything you can offer would be much appreciated.Attachment 359110
    Look at a pattern called Sidelights - Amazon probably has it. I think this might be perfect for that pattern. By the way, I love the panel/pics.

9-Patch Pizzazz by Judy Sisneros has some nice ideas for panels. You can see the book on Amazon.
    Pat

How about something like this?

How about this I found on their site?
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 

Here's a panel quilt that I made not too long ago. Maybe it will give you some ideas. If you need the name of the pattern, PM me and I will go and find it. Good luck!
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 
    Marilyn

KLO
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sewlmatesister View Post
    How about this I found on their site?
    Love this quilt! Also I think that the Sidelights pattern would work and I have loved that pattern ever since I first saw it. Your center block is not big enough for that design but you could add to it to make it larger. What a cute panel you found for you and your friend. I might need to do something like this for my friend also.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast