Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What to do with this panel?

What to do with this panel?

I recently purchased these two panels. One is for my BFF and one for me. I also ordered two yards of the companion fabric, one brown with beige print and the other beige with brown. I dont have that yet so I cant show you. My thought was to put the larger one in the center and the smaller ones in each corner. What do I put in between? Squares of fabric. I never worked with a panel before. Not sure what to do. Anything you can offer would be much appreciated.Name:  BFF Panel (800x533).jpg
Views: 3080
Size:  374.3 KB

I don't have any ideas but the panel is just darling.

Very cute. I would cut them apart, leaving a 1/4" all round and either put sashings between or a color to match one in the picture. Put at least a small boreder to frame it or borders to make it larger.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

That's just too cute.
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

Not sure if you've already checked out these http://www.ehow.com/how_5901038_desi...ng-panels.html

Quote Originally Posted by SouthPStitches View Post
    I don't have any ideas but the panel is just darling.
    I'm with you there! I don't have any brilliant ideas but I sure do love these panels! I can't wait to see what you do with them!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by Maureen View Post
    I recently purchased these two panels. One is for my BFF and one for me. I also ordered two yards of the companion fabric, one brown with beige print and the other beige with brown. I dont have that yet so I cant show you. My thought was to put the larger one in the center and the smaller ones in each corner. What do I put in between? Squares of fabric. I never worked with a panel before. Not sure what to do. Anything you can offer would be much appreciated.Name:  BFF Panel (800x533).jpg

I like your idea of a the larger in the center and the smaller in the corners. Frame out the center, finishing that "row" with solid blocks. Then use a solid block to set the two corners together??? Very cute pics. Your BFF will love it
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

Blog Entries

panel quilts

Try searching images in your favorite search engine (google etc...) I typed in Panel quilts and several images came up giving me several ideas.
    Jean
    from Middle River, Md USA

This is a photo of the first panel quilt i ever made. Even though I didn't have a large panel, you could do something similiar setting the large block off to one side, then making a column or row of the others offset. Super cute panel you have - mind me asking the fabric/manufacturer details? Thanks :-)

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 2689
Size:  81.7 KB

I have a few similar panels and my plan is to make coffee / tea sets. Four mug rugs and a kind of a placemat to put cookies and cream on. They make wonderful gifts.

The fabric is BFF by Tracy Lizotte for Elizabeth's Studio. The single panel was only 6.50. Several of the online companies carry it but I had to order the companion fabric from Arizona Quilts and Fabric Depot. Thanks for all your suggestions.

Power Poster
    casn al;so use on bags from logos you dont like on bags
    QUILTNMO

Instead of using plain filler blocks, I would use some 9-patch blocks in similar fabric colors and then sash all the blocks in a slightly darker color.
    QuiltnLady1

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

I've always liked the 'Sidelights' pattern (http://www.robertkaufman.com/quiltin...ns/sidelights/) for showing off fabulous fabric.

Maybe pull out some quiet blenders to serve as background or alternate with the smaller blocks. Looks like you might be able to use some of the dotted background of the panel as sashing or make into four-patches to fill in?

Love the panel!
    Linda
    http://quiltingbiker.blogspot.com

I was looking at fairy panels for my DGDD and came across this quilt. Just love the layout. You might try googling fairy quilts and see what comes up. I'm suggesting this search because this Michael Miller fabric line has large panels and smaller panels plus the coordinating fabrics.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maureen View Post
    Look at a pattern called Sidelights - Amazon probably has it. I think this might be perfect for that pattern. By the way, I love the panel/pics.

9-Patch Pizzazz by Judy Sisneros has some nice ideas for panels. You can see the book on Amazon.
    Pat

How about something like this?

How about this I found on their site?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here's a panel quilt that I made not too long ago. Maybe it will give you some ideas. If you need the name of the pattern, PM me and I will go and find it. Good luck!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Marilyn

KLO
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sewlmatesister View Post
    How about this I found on their site?
    Love this quilt! Also I think that the Sidelights pattern would work and I have loved that pattern ever since I first saw it. Your center block is not big enough for that design but you could add to it to make it larger. What a cute panel you found for you and your friend. I might need to do something like this for my friend also.

Attic Window!!!!

Take your panel to the fabric store and buy a few coordinating colors, solids or ToT, and make 9 patch blocks any other block you like in a coordinating size. Pinwheels would like nice too. Measure the pictures in your panel and find a number that will go evenly into that measurement (9 and 18 divided by 3 or 10 and 18 divided by 2) then make coordinating blocks in that size.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm talking down. Just trying to make my idea clear.

Love your panels.
    Shirley in Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
    I'm with you there! I don't have any brilliant ideas but I sure do love these panels! I can't wait to see what you do with them!
    same here-no ideas but looking forward to seeing what you do
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter

really cute panels!! I love to work with panels!!

I would embellish the rain with either little white/clear small crafting beads or DMC thread that is shiny. Maybe make the dresses 3 dimensional. They could be cut apart and still embellished.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast