Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: What to do...

I committed myself to running a 10th Anniversary Party of our Neighborhood Association at our Neighborhood Picnic this coming September. I intend to invite all the past Board Members (and of course, some won't attend cuz they moved out of the area, other plans, etc.). And I would like to give them something for attending and to acknowledge their past service to our neighborhood. And I am stumped! Our funds are non-existent or very limited, so that is a factor too.

My first inclination is to make them a set of four wine coasters from my stash, with one coaster being commemorative with our Association Abbreviation, dates, and a "Thank You!" on it. I do not have an embroidery machine (yet), so all embroidery would be a challenge. I would make a small commemorative certificate to go with them too!

The past Board members are both sexes, all ages, all stations in life, and all occupations. I do not want to spend the entire next 6 months working on only this so .... Any suggestions besides what I have thought of???

Thanks for any input you can give me!

Only thing i can think of of to get them blank hard cover books from Dollar store (dairies) and cover them with a HOuse block embroidered with the info you want on them.

Good idea! :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    How about just piecing a "10" on one of the coasters, and then just going with the certificates? Shouldn't be too hard to figure out this piecing, except that coasters are pretty small... How about a mug rug?

I vote for Mug Rug...just one and their easy...