Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: What do yo do when you just can't sleep?

Blog Entries
    I decided to start straightning our my fabirc at 4:00 am when i just couldn't sleep - I remembered hearing about "Quilt Radio" so I Googled it and started listening. I was entertained at the same time I was enjoying my fabric stash and planning projects!

http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/radio/index.html

I come here to play on the computer with my friends. LOL

I play solitaire on the computer. That will put me to sleep.

I get up and sew. Laying in bed awake doesn't do me any good....getting up and piecing a block or making binding...relaxes me enough so I can go to sleep.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I'm the oddball here. Never wake up during the night. If I sort of do I think I woke up but next morning I realize I wasn't. Good thing I don't get up and try to do something :) LOL

Blog Entries
    I watch T.V. when I really, really can't sleep. But I usually just try to clear my mind and go back to sleep, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

I get up and cut my Dresden Plates and then sew and iron.

I am trying to start a project where I make dresden quilts for the Hospice houses in my area. The entire process is done in steps. First I cut the dresdens matching up the template that I have, then I'll sew the shapes together, pressing after each completion. I sew 20 dresdens together, using any background that compliments what I have already done. The circular piece for the dresden is cut out to match background /or blend with colors from dresden. I then attach the dresdens and circles to background with heat n' bond.

After most of quilt top is completed, I use a hand stitch or decorative stitch to "tack" down V's, then I'll finish.
    I have timed myself before, and this takes me about a week to complete top only.

This is what I do when I can't sleep.

Took a little nap before bed and ended up unable to get back to sleep so I shop hopped, caught up on my reading on this board and organized my computer files.

I usually draw or read. or plan a quilt. Don't want to turn the sewing machine on to wake up everyone up. One night, a couple of years ago, when my machine was in a different room, Ii made a sweatshirt jacket for my granddaughter, all in one night. I took about 3 hours. woke up at 1am, never did go back to sleep that day.

Cathy S/Willowwind

Blog Entries
    Move from bed to recliner, turn on TV at low volume and find a 'boring' program that will put me back to sleep.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast