Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
what do you put a quilt in when you want to work on binding at different places? >

what do you put a quilt in when you want to work on binding at different places?

what do you put a quilt in when you want to work on binding at different places?

Old 02-27-2017, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by AZ Jane View Post
I understand wanting to have some type of carrier to put a quilt in. Not sure I would take a king size quilt to someone's home to do hand work unless they have a very large living room.
I went today with a laundry basket. It worked well and sat beside me on the floor. We visited around the dining room table with one person sewing on a machine and the others doing handwork.
I also like the idea of making a bag.
Old 02-27-2017, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Pagzz View Post
I have a goal of finishing up the quilting on tops that have been lingering at the flimsy stage. I want to try and bring at least one quilt a month for show and tell at guild. I am also going to be visiting with other quilters and thought I could bring along the hand sewing binding as my hand work project to their group meetings.

So, what do others use to keep the quilt in for transport? and while you are sitting in someone's home and want to sew binding? Some of the quilts I will be finishing are king size. I could put it in a trash bag but I am looking for suggestions.

thanks.
I have 2 clear plastic totes with rope type handles that came with the set of pillows that I purchased. They work great and no one could mistake them for trash.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:16 PM

Could you roll it on a pool noodle? Maybe that's not big enough...
Old 02-28-2017, 01:18 PM

Or maybe a Lamper from Target..kind of like a cross between a hamper and a laundry basket. I use a few in my sewing space.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:01 PM

I totally agree with the "no trash bag". I had a Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt in sections but all the flowers done and lost one of the sections. It really put a hold on getting that quilt finished. Luckily, I do have enough of the yellow material for more centers and more Kona white from the same bolt to replace them but getting the flower part to look right might be fun. I now use white trash bags for recycling and keeping stuff and use black only for trash.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:58 AM

I use the clear bags that king size blankets like vellux comes in from Kohls, with the zipper