Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What Do You Quilt To? >

What Do You Quilt To?

What Do You Quilt To?

Old 09-15-2014, 03:51 AM
dd

I like to go to the library and get old movies from before my time. It's fun to see how the actors started out in smaller parts. I also listen to contemporary Christian or classic rock. Sometimes the library has an entire season of an old TV show. Love the Walton's.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:12 AM
Power Poster

I also have the TV on. I like watching shows I have watched before so I don't miss anything when sewing or pressing. Watched the Star Trek movie Into Darkness yesterday. Too hard to follow that complicated twists in the story line.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:10 AM

Reruns of NCIS.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:16 AM

I listen to books on CD. I have been doing this for several years and you would be shocked at how many books I have listen to. I have finished most boks by 10-15 authors. I do not take the time or have the patience to sit down and read a book. (Thank god for the library) My back is toward the TV so I can not see the picture easily and I get tired of all the screaming on the judge shows or the "takl" shows.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:30 AM

I watch/listen to TV. I like programs I have already seen so I can just listen to them. I am currently watching/listening to The Tudors again.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:50 AM

I listen to podcasts---lots of quilting ones on Itunes. If I run out of them, then it is just music of many different venues.
Sharon Schambers daughter just put out a new podcast and it is very good.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:53 AM

Netflix for movies or series but mostly HGTV.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:00 AM
Power Poster

Usually I listen only to my machine. I never have background noise when piecing and only rarely when longarming. I like to hear if my machine starts sounding different.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:35 AM

TV but mostly for back ground noise, but Sundays Im in the living room watching football and doing my hand work, evenings too, after spending the day in my sewing room.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:56 AM

Me I hate silence in the house it makes me melancholy for some reason.

95% of the time I have the tv on if it's daytime I turn tbs on for the back to back shows of Bones and Castle I've seen them all it's just comforting to hear the voices. Or A & E For criminal minds . Unless there is a padre game on then that is on. I don't quilt to football I get to wound up and make to many mistakes so I put my sewing away and just watch.

If I'm feeling nostalgic I listen to old county music Waylon Jennings, Dolly, Merle, Kenny, Loretta Lynn, Glen Campbell, Patsy Cline Johnny Cash (still an all time favorite of mine) wow i got started and the names just kept pouring out, I could keep going. That is what was always on in Moms work room where I learned to sew and spent hours upon hours helping with her business and making cloths for my barbies from old samples.

FREE Quilting Newsletter