Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What Do You Quilt To? >

What Do You Quilt To?

What Do You Quilt To?

Old 09-16-2014, 01:37 AM

I listen to NPR or classic rock (60's and 70's) on the radio or ipod. Sometimes I watch Netflix or Hulu. Right now I'm watching the "Charmed" T.V. series from about 14 years ago. I tried to tune into a couple of quilting podcasts, but they talked more about their personal lives than quilting. It was boring.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:01 AM

I like to "listen" to shows or movies I've already seen so I don't have to watch what's happening. I've my favorites. Right now it's the series of Homeland that we had taped. I also listen to TV crime/investigative shows.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:23 AM

Silence is what I prefer.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:24 AM

I'm so glad someone else does what I do when I sew. I love the PBS shows, especially Downton Abbey and the Masterpiece Mysteries. I belong to Acorn, and for $2.99 a month, I can access them online and play them at my leisure, especially when there is nothing on TV that I wish to watch. I'm not a sitcom fan, nor am I a reality show fan, except for The Little People. I love Jen and Bill. I've also added Bonnie Hunter's quiltcam to the list. I very much enjoy sewing along with her as she sews and talks to people. That's my list. I have to say I don't get Cranford. I'll have to look for that one.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:25 AM

For really repetitive sewing, pressing, pinning, I usually turn on a documentary on Netflix. It's a great way to learn and get some sewing done at the same time. I often have my girls practice piano while I"m sewing, It keeps us both company.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:38 AM

Me, too. My iPad mini and Pandora have become necessary "sewing notions" at my house. I love it!

Originally Posted by Buckeye Rose View Post
I plug in the ipod and whatever mood I am in for the day will dictate my music choice....quiet and melancholy demands Yanni....happy and ambitious requires classic rock (a little Joe Walsh is my favorite)......some days it is country....and some days I let the ipod shuffle it all up.....but I do like my music when sewing!
Old 09-16-2014, 03:54 AM

I mostly listen to audio books, but am having a hard time finding any good ones at local library that I haven't already listened to, also having a hard time finding more authors among the ones they do have that I like to listen to.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:11 AM

I have a radio in the sewing room but very seldom useit. I like the sound of the wind and rain and my dog talks to me a lot. She hast to go out when she thinks I have been sewing long enough. Otherwise I like to just let my mind drift and think of what I want to quilt next or plans for the day.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:50 AM

I am addicted to my Kindle. I have 'text to speech' option and listen to a book. I can then read with my brain as well as quilt. Very relaxing to me! Recently I've set my quilting frame up in the living room - this way when my DH decides to watch tv (and falls asleep) my quilting frame is right there keeping him company.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:00 AM
dd

I used to work for a costumer. We had to make costumes for the Wizard of Oz so she played the movie one morning to get ideas. Needless to say, we got very little done that day. I always found myself watching it as it is my favorite movie. The play was great too. They used elementary school kids for the munchkins. And Dorothy had a dog that looked a lot like Toto.

FREE Quilting Newsletter