Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What Do You Quilt To? >

What Do You Quilt To?

What Do You Quilt To?

Old 09-16-2014, 07:32 AM
Power Poster

I check the tv listings to see what is on ANIMAL PLANET. If all animal then I leave it there to keep the dogs company. Other wise they will bark at every little noise like children or the neighbors. If it weren't for them, I would have the tv off. I get too distracted an then get nothing accomplished. I keep the volume low enough for them and so I can't really hear. I love quiet. Miss not living in the country.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:43 AM

I'm a "Lucy" girl myself. My TV is on and usually on TVland or Nick at nite. All the ole time sitcoms that I know all too well keep me company.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:11 AM

I listen to Pandora (internet radio). I have several different "stations" set up, so I can pick a genre of music to match whatever mood I'm currently in. Pandora lets you create custom "radio stations" by picking musicians and/or songs that you like, and then it tries to guess what other music you might like to make up a full playlist of similar music. I keep my wireless mouse next to my machine so if a song comes up that I don't like I can skip past it without having to get up. Sometimes their guesses as to what I'll like are so far off... LOL
Old 09-16-2014, 09:30 AM

I listen to audio tapes of books. Just love them.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:50 AM

Love Larkrise to Candleford. I quilt to books on tape, most any one will do but the Mitford and Cat Who's have really good readers with calm voices.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Buckeye Rose View Post
I plug in the ipod and whatever mood I am in for the day will dictate my music choice....quiet and melancholy demands Yanni....happy and ambitious requires classic rock (a little Joe Walsh is my favorite)......some days it is country....and some days I let the ipod shuffle it all up.....but I do like my music when sewing!
Me too! My friends and I decided a couple years ago to use my iMac as a music library so I have thousands of songs to chose from, my personal collection is over 3000 songs so I just chose a playlist, or make a new one. Queen is always my favorite as well as the individual members music.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:46 AM

I too have something going on in the background. It helps drown out my own "mental chatter" which often times is worry generating. I like HGTV because there is no violence and the projects always turn out so well! I love music as long as it's not loud and harsh Adele is so soothing.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:04 PM

Sometimes I have the tv on...it might be football (although I'm not a big fan, I grew up with football on and find it makes nice background company), or cooking shows. At other times it will be music..and that will be whatever mood strikes my fancy...Josh Groban, Dave Matthews, Enya, Windham Hill etc.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:48 PM

I'm a science fiction fan. I love to watch/listen to Star Trek while I sew. I will also watch Frazier while sewing in the morning.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:01 PM
Power Poster

Dr. Who reruns, British Crime Drama on Notflix and the Syfy channel. If I have something on that I haven't actually watched, I tend to only sew during commercials.

FREE Quilting Newsletter