Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think?

Senior Member Sarah in Brooklyn's Avatar

What do you think?

These aren't ideal viewing conditions but what do you think of this granite-like fabric as sashing for my funny lotteria card blocks? I sort of like it but I don't trust myself!Name:  IMG_1097.JPG
Views: 2612
Size:  611.4 KB

Banned
    Well, since you asked I will be honest, I don't care for it. I think something more colorful in the colors in the blocks would look nicer. Something red, blue, yellow or green. Love the blocks too!

Thanks. My initial thought was going with something dark that would pick up a color in the blocks. I just came across this and wondered....I appreciate your honesty!

Quote Originally Posted by tezell0801 View Post
    Well, since you asked I will be honest, I don't care for it. I think something more colorful in the colors in the blocks would look nicer. Something red, blue, yellow or green. Love the blocks too!
    Last edited by Sarah in Brooklyn; 06-21-2013 at 09:41 AM.

Blog Entries
    Look great! If it looks good to you then it is good! I took classes a few years back from Freddy Moran. She is all about color and not do much about quilting. One thing she taught that I have done many times, and probably more than I should have, is to use something that gives your a rest between colorful blocks. In her quilts I noticed she used lots of black and white. I have used lots of black and white polka dots to break up the colors. Last year I made a Dios deLos Muertos quilt. Very colorful fabric broken up with the polka dots. Wish I had kept a picture of it.

I am not familiar with that line and if they have different colorways. I think it tones down your nice card blocks. I think I agree with trying to find something either brighter or very dark neutral.
    Lisa

Power Poster
    I like the swirly granite fabric! It picks up the blue and white well and anything brighter I think would over shadow the blocks.

It's a good idea to use something restful to balance out the color. I'm going to play around with that.

Quote Originally Posted by snipforfun View Post
    Look great! If it looks good to you then it is good! I took classes a few years back from Freddy Moran. She is all about color and not do much about quilting. One thing she taught that I have done many times, and probably more than I should have, is to use something that gives your a rest between colorful blocks. In her quilts I noticed she used lots of black and white. I have used lots of black and white polka dots to break up the colors. Last year I made a Dios deLos Muertos quilt. Very colorful fabric broken up with the polka dots. Wish I had kept a picture of it.

I think I would use a green the color in one of the blocks. Just my opinion. Your quilt do as you like.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    I like the swirly granite fabric! It picks up the blue and white well and anything brighter I think would over shadow the blocks.
    I agree with Tartan. This fabric seems perfect as the background fabric.
    ranger
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Life...you muddle your way through it and then you die!

Blog Entries
    The fabric looks like a totally different style to me. The print in the blocks is very distinct. The marble-y fabric is more subtle.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast