Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What do you use your wonder clips for? >

What do you use your wonder clips for?

What do you use your wonder clips for?

Old 09-21-2014, 10:29 AM

I use them to hold a length of binding while stitching it to the back. No more pin pricks--they're wonderful!
Old 09-21-2014, 03:43 PM

So many uses already mentioned here, plus....bills that are to be paid, clip them together so they stay in one place until I get to them. Coupons I've just clipped from the newspaper until I can get them in my coupon folder. Pages which for any reason need to be held together but not necessarily stapled. Letters sitting at the door waiting to be mailed, no more falling in back of the little table I have there. When using a cookbook, clip the page you're using and even if the book closes, which it will, it's easy to find. I have the jumbo size pack of small red ones and also have the large green ones. Best invention in years IMO.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun View Post
When matching difficult seams I glue baste with Elmer's school glue. A dab of glue at the matching point, then clip with wonder clips till dry. Works better than pins for me.
If you use the iron to heat set the area where you used the glue it will dry quickly and be stabilized until you can sew it. I love using Elmer's school glue.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:15 PM

I glue baste my binding to the back, press to dry & use the clips on corners & binding seams for a little extra hold when I machine sew my binding. Especially on baby & kids quilts. Works great!
Old 09-21-2014, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Sisty88 View Post
I have just treated myself to some Clover wonder clips because I wanted free delivery on an Amazon order and needed to add something else to my basket.

What do you use them for, other than the obvious suggestion of using them when you are attaching your binding to a quilt?

I'm sure they have many many uses as I have seen them mentioned several times on this forum!

I feel like I would probably use them when basting hexies, as I used to use paperclips to keep the fabric in place while I basted.

I look forward to hearing your suggestions :-)
I love my wonder clips and have a box of them at both cutting table and sewing machine. The other day I needed something to hold my cheesecloth in place on my large funnel while I strained my deep frying oil. I thought of the clips and placed some around the rim. Worked wonderful, no slipping. I know have a few reserved for "kitchen duty"!
Old 09-21-2014, 09:23 PM

I use mine for organizing blocks into sets. I don't use them all around my binding, but I do sometimes use them on a pressed mitered edge before I sew it down.
Old 09-22-2014, 02:30 AM

I use the small red ones on binding when handsewing to the back of a quilt or table runners.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:37 AM

I ran out of bag clips and used them to close a bag of potato chips and frozen peas. Of course I use them for qui;ting, I never use pins any more. They are wonderful
Old 09-22-2014, 12:22 PM

You'll get a kick out of this, but we use our clips to hold our pool 's sun cover clipped to the top ledge of our pool, and this past winter my husband clipped the winter cover to the ledge of the pool instead of winding the wire all the way around. During the summer, it is far easier to get the cover off than it used to be, and also easier to put the cover on daily than it was in the past. So they can be used for something besides sewing.
Old 09-22-2014, 12:51 PM

Not only do I use them in quilting, hand stitching the binding, but also in my alterations. Work great to mark how much to take in, red for the smaller amounts & green for the larger. They are also good to use for hemming pants, skirts etc.