Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What is EQ?

What is EQ?

I've seen it posted and know it's a software program but that's about it. What does it do? What's the cost and is it worth it?

I have EQ7 It is program for designing quilts. Check it out on their sight you will be surprised what all it can do!!!!

Blog Entries
    It's quite an elaborate software program that allows you to create your own quilt designs and/or use their built-in block patterns to create quilts. There is a *lot* you can do with it, but it comes with a pretty steep learning curve. Some people take to immediately; others never get the hang of it. Cost usually runs $150 to $190 depending on whether you can find it on sale or not. Whether it is worth it to you depends on whether or not you actually learn how to use it. Some people do; some don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
    It's quite an elaborate software program that allows you to create your own quilt designs and/or use their built-in block patterns to create quilts. There is a *lot* you can do with it, but it comes with a pretty steep learning curve. Some people take to immediately; others never get the hang of it. Cost usually runs $150 to $190 depending on whether you can find it on sale or not. Whether it is worth it to you depends on whether or not you actually learn how to use it. Some people do; some don't.
    I have it. I NEVER use it. If you are not computer savvy....and I consider myself somewhat....then don't bother with it. I ind myself playing with the beginner program Quilt wizard by EQ. The learning curve is steep and i have to relearn all over. I dont need to be a "designer". Plenty of patterns available .
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome Decor 3050 / Janome 1100D serger
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Since no one seems to have provided it - electricquilt.com is the site.
    I love it, but agree it does have a bit of a steep learning curve. There are things I still haven't figured out how to do, but I love to design quilts, and it's great for trying different colours, different block arrangements, and figuring out fabric yardage needed.

EQ7 is my Christmas present to myself this year. I hope I get to know the software quickly. I'll be using Ronda's tutorials to get started.

"Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned"
    Peter Marshall

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that
    take our breath away". - Hilary Cooper
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/2HartsCreations?ref=si_shop

It's the best thing since sliced bread! I taught myself how to use EQ by redrawing every purchased pattern I wanted to make, and I still do that today. If they made any errors in their pattern, I don't worry about it because I follow the duplicate I made in EQ. I design most of my quilts and just can't imagine doing so without EQ. I think it's around $250 MSRP, but you can get good sales on it.
    http://tinksquared.com/
    Farming, cooking and quilting my way through life!

Is EQ Mac friendly?

Blog Entries
    I love the import and trace feature. It has saved me many times the cost of the program.
    Got fabric?

I second that ?. I have a Mac and have been wondering if it is Mac friendly also.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast