Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is everyone working on now? >

What is everyone working on now?

What is everyone working on now?

Old 04-09-2013, 07:32 PM

Default What is everyone working on now?

Curious what everyone is working on at the moment. Right now I'm working on a scrappy strip quilt, and also a couple of rag quilts.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:48 PM

I am hand quilting a cot size wholecloth and have also been cutting out applecores from my scraps, which will be hand sewn together, after seeing a lovely one here on the board
Old 04-09-2013, 07:50 PM

right now I am taking a quilt apart. I stitched in the ditch so not alot of quilting to take out. I put wool fabric on the back and the person is allergic to it.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:53 PM

Guess I'll be the first to answer. NOT quilts that's for sure. My daughter & her hubby are expecting a baby boy in June and I'm having a shower for her. So far I've made, 3 hooded towel sets, burp cloths, diaper cake, crib & bassinet sheets, the valance for the window and covered the lamp shade with same fabric, covers for changing table pad, still have to paint little elephants on curtain rod finials and on 6 drawer pulls, made 3 receiving blankets , pee pee tee pee's, and right now I'm working on personal hospital gowns (pretty ones instead of the ugly hospital ones) with a nursing flap on them. I'm going to try to make her a baby quilt when on vaca in Mass. Will take my FW if it fits in car. I'm sure there is more, just can't think of it now. I'm having the shower 3 days after getting home. Everything has to be ready before I go. Whew..just writing this makes my head spin. LOL...But, I really need to get back to quilting. The quilt I really want to make is a bargello. Starting to collect fabrics for it. I do have a few WIP quilts.

Quilting the Civil War Anninversary, piecing Pezzy Churnblock, piecing Sunshowers, bonnie Hunter's Lazy Sunday and putting together the blocks for Chinese Take Out.

Guess others beat me because it took me so long .....
Old 04-09-2013, 07:56 PM

A Bonnie Hunter pattern My Blue Heaven.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:04 PM

Right now I'm making 22 Pineapple Blossom blocks to go with the 50 blocks I made about 6 years ago. I made the first bunch at a retreat where we played a game and won the strips and made the blocks as we played. I never got around to putting them together though. Then last fall my oldest son got a new girlfriend that has 4 sons. Three of them still live at home so I need quilts for them when they come for visits. I was going to make one 20 block quilt and one 30 block quilt out of those blocks before the boys came along. I put one 20 block quilt together and it's just not quite long enough so I'm adding enough blocks that each quilt will be 4 blocks x 6 blocks and will be just under twin size. They'll be plenty big enough for sleeping on the floor or couch with though. I dug thru my scraps and I'll bet when I get the new blocks made they'll blend well enough with the old blocks you won't be able to tell which is which.

The Pineapple Blossom block is from Bonnie Hunter's website.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:08 PM

Two D9P baby quilts for my friends that are having babies this summer
Old 04-09-2013, 09:12 PM

A queen sized log cabin quilt with 1.5 inch strips. I'm doing a QAYG, and have half of the squares made and quilted to their own backing, 25% of the remaining square need two more logs and then to be quilted, and the other 25% need the last four logs and to be quilted. Once that is done, I'll finally get to put them all together!