Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is everyone working on now? >

What is everyone working on now?

What is everyone working on now?

Old 04-09-2013, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by meldmac View Post
Curious what everyone is working on at the moment. Right now I'm working on a scrappy strip quilt, and also a couple of rag quilts.

I've got about 10 rag quilts in the works. Got the fabric torn for most of them. I'm just doing the WOF strips. A lot faster than the squares I should be rid of a good bit of fabric as all of it is from my stash.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by slk350 View Post
Guess I'll be the first to answer. NOT quilts that's for sure. My daughter & her hubby are expecting a baby boy in June and I'm having a shower for her. So far I've made, 3 hooded towel sets, burp cloths, diaper cake, crib & bassinet sheets, the valance for the window and covered the lamp shade with same fabric, covers for changing table pad, still have to paint little elephants on curtain rod finials and on 6 drawer pulls, made 3 receiving blankets , pee pee tee pee's, and right now I'm working on personal hospital gowns (pretty ones instead of the ugly hospital ones) with a nursing flap on them. I'm going to try to make her a baby quilt when on vaca in Mass. Will take my FW if it fits in car. I'm sure there is more, just can't think of it now. I'm having the shower 3 days after getting home. Everything has to be ready before I go. Whew..just writing this makes my head spin. LOL...But, I really need to get back to quilting. The quilt I really want to make is a bargello. Starting to collect fabrics for it. I do have a few WIP quilts.
I need to finish up a half dozen sleep sacks for my soon to arrive greatgrandson.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:43 PM

Just finished 32 blocks and centre in reverse applique. I have now decided to quilt as you go and I have decided to machine around shapes with fancy stitch when sandwiching. Only a few Togo then joining. Just hoping I have done all of them. Will put on photos when finished. It is an australian pattern.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:46 AM

I'm working on a quilt that will be a wedding gift for a cousin that is getting married in October. All I can say about it is that my love of beige fabric took over and it's beige with a little brown. I just started putting rows together last night and I'm loving it. BTW, this is the quilt that I am keeping the time, bobbin and sewing machine cleaning diary on and I have over 14 hours in it so far and I just started the rows. It's been interesting to see how much time each task takes. It takes me about 15 minutes to sew a row of 10 blocks together. That means I can get an awful lot of sewing done in an hour, which is about all the time I have at night on weeknights because I work full time. I hope to have the top together by Sunday, then I will work on the back.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:14 AM

I'm working on another scrappy quilt - I think it is called a string quilt? I keep sewing and sewing and that pile of strings doesn't seem to be getting any smaller. But the pile of stuff I cut off around the squares keeps growing! I might begin to hate this thing.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:34 AM

I have my last class Saturday for my Bali Wedding Star so I am pushing thru homework. It's is mainly in shades of purple but the points will have touches of blue and green. It will be my first paper pieced quilt and dang if its not A LOT of folding and cutting, what was I thinking when I signed up for this one. Oh, yeah, its a beautiful quilt and it will be worth all the cussin, bleeding and burns for it. I should have less burns now with small iron. :-) I love seeing what others are working on :-)
Old 04-10-2013, 03:59 AM
dd

I just finished a farm theme quilt for my pregnant niece. Bags for Sadie's Dream for a Cure and a pink and purple quilts with cars and trucks on it for a little girl with cancer. she loves her cars. Plus all the clothing and repairs that people keep bringing me.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:01 AM
Banned

I am appliqueing 2 identical quilts. Purple orange peels made into flowers with yellow center. I'm making 40 12" blocks all together. I've been working on it for 2 weeks and have 7 more blocks to go before I do the centers. Tie consuming doing it all by hand but I prefer the outcome.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:12 AM

I'm making a Fabric Cafe Snowball quilt with Chennille by the Inch flowers made with pink Hello Kitty fabric, light pink and black with white polka-dot fabric. The chennille is deep purple and the backing is deep purple. This quilt is going to my granddaughter for her 7th birthday...she picked the colors, but doesn't know she's getting a quilt.

About to start cutting on another Snowball quilt with Chennille by the Inch flowers for my other granddaughter. Her fabric is Spongebob with lime green, hot pink, bright lemon yellow an orange with white polka dots. Chennile flowers will be made with either yellow or green. Not sure yet. Will take pics when completed. This quilt is going to by other granddaughter for her 5th birthday...she picked the colors, but doesn't know she's getting a quilt either.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:53 AM

Hand quilting a whole cloth.
Need to decide on how I'm going to quilt one that's already sandwiched together.
Need to sandwich still another one.
And making a crazy quilt Christmas tree skirt for my daughter.