Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What Free BOMs will you be following this year?

Our quilt guild is doing their own. Each month 1 or 2 people choose a block and demonstrate it. Then we will individually design quilts from the blocks. I haven't done any of them yet! Don't know if I'll ever catch up and make the quilt.
    Cheryl Robinson
    http://www.silverneedlestitching.com
    APQS Millenium Longarm with Intelliquilter

http://opengatequilts.blogspot.com
    One block per month for 6 months. Several bloggers are providing the block patterns.

Quote Originally Posted by rvsfan View Post
    www.craftsy.com FREE BOM. They show a picture up front of the completed quilt and it's beautiful, plus you learn a lot of new techniques you might not have tried yet.
    Same here. I followed the free BOM with Amy Gibson last year and enjoyed every minute of it. Of course I didn't make ONE block, but I watched every video (some of them more than once) and printed out all of the lessons, patterns, etc. Hope to do the same this year. I'm familiar with the instructor for this one. I've seen her on TV shows before and have two of her books. The first lesson was in such detail and so informative. I think really want to make this quilt. Love the polka dots but will probably use fabrics from my own stash (well as much as I can, anyway).
    One step at a time, always forward.

Quote Originally Posted by rvsfan View Post
    www.craftsy.com FREE BOM. They show a picture up front of the completed quilt and it's beautiful, plus you learn a lot of new techniques you might not have tried yet.
    RICKY VAN SHELTON??!! OOOhhhh YESSS!
    Thank You Lord for answering my prayers, in this I am truely blessed!

I just signed up and can't wait to start it. I love BOM 's and always learn something new.

I just love this one http://www.sulky-international.de/sc...p?seite_id=319 and hope it begins shortly. I,ve wanted something like this for my sewing room wall.

I am doing one with our LQS but it started last June. I am also doing this one:

http://countryjunktion.com/2013BOM.html

My LQS has a BOM I'm doing this year. The name of the quilt is Over the Rainbow and has laser cut fusible shapes for applique that we receive each month. Talk about learning something new! My first attempt at applique! I hope I enjoy doing this, I'm somewhat intimidated at this point, however, the quilt is beautiful.
    SEW MUCH FUN!

I decided to try the 2012 BOM Sedona Star on 'The Quilt Show'. It has applique, paper piecing and machine embroidery all mixed together so I hope this will help me get better! I'm trying to use my stash too. I also have a BOM to finish from several years ago.....it was all different kinds of barns....2013 I hope will be the year of finishing UFO's!!!!

I have signed up for the Crafty 2013 BOM. Looking forward to this course.
    Carol

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast