Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What Free BOMs will you be following this year?

I'm doing the one right here on this board. It's supposed to have a little challenge to it, so we can learn as we go a long. Block one, was already fun!
    "Impossible is an opinion, not a fact" Cameron Clapp

http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...47687D2C18.png

Where is the BOM that is on our forum here?
    Avatar is a quilt made by my great grandmother that I inherited.

Oh, I found it! Hee hee Just needed to look a little harder.
    Avatar is a quilt made by my great grandmother that I inherited.

I'm going to try to keep up with this one from Pile O Fabric http://www.pileofabric.com/post/2012...k-of-the-month

and the one on Craftsy.

The QBoard,2013, The Stash Buster Scrappy Mystery Mini Train, Quilt Along and Pile O' Fabric. Hope to effectively use fabrics I have accumulated. So far, one will be emphasizing plaids, one with drabs, one scrappy and one with lots of color Haven't been able to load pictures yet. Will keep trying..

Quote Originally Posted by ctack2 View Post
    I haven't decided yet which ones I will be following, so give me some ideas!

Carol B
    I found this one from Country Threads. I like that it uses different size blocks.
    http://country-threads-chicken-scratch.com/?p=288
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

How do I get to the Qboard block of the month? I haven't seen it yet.

Blog Entries
    I am planning on doing the one on here. I also signed up for the one on Craftsy and pile of fabric to see what they are. Not sure if I will do them or not.I am trying to finish all of my UFO's this year. I also have several other projects I want to do. I really want to do my bargello this year and the new Judy Neimeyer mariners compass quilt. I need more time. Maybe if I quit my job and quit sleeping I can get it all done. Oh and also quit doing any housework. Works for me

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Spencer View Post
    I really liked the one Shabby Fabrics had last year, they are going to do another one this year. Can't wait to see what it will be.
    Please share the site for Shabby Fabrics.

Quote Originally Posted by jetmaio View Post
    I just love this one http://www.sulky-international.de/sc...p?seite_id=319 and hope it begins shortly. I,ve wanted something like this for my sewing room wall.
    I love the vintage machine!! I hope they post soon too.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GailG View Post
    Same here. I followed the free BOM with Amy Gibson last year and enjoyed every minute of it. Of course I didn't make ONE block, but I watched every video (some of them more than once) and printed out all of the lessons, patterns, etc. Hope to do the same this year. I'm familiar with the instructor for this one. I've seen her on TV shows before and have two of her books. The first lesson was in such detail and so informative. I think really want to make this quilt. Love the polka dots but will probably use fabrics from my own stash (well as much as I can, anyway).
    I did the Craftsy BOM last year and it's ready to go to the LAer. My first quilting class was in 1992 and was a Sampler from Quilts, Quilts, Quilts by this year's instructor. I am very excited to be actually taking a class from her 21 years later! I, too, have both her books. Use to be a staple for all quilters way back when.
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

I'm not going to do it cause it looks staggeringly difficult, but check out the Affairs of the Heart BOM at Stichinheaven.com. If that isn't the most beautiful quilt I have even seen . . .. Not free, but probably worth the price if you are capable of that incredible work.

Blog Entries
    I am attempting to do the BOM here on QB but I have not been ablel to print the correct size template from either quilterscache or the pdf file someone also posted... so I hate to cut into beautiful fabric before I know it's going to piece together correctly. Argh.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina quilter View Post
    http://opengatequilts.blogspot.com
    One block per month for 6 months. Several bloggers are providing the block patterns.
    I like this one. Trying hard to pass it by but probably will give in and do it. Thank You for showing us.

I am also doing Craftys. I am self taught and it will be nice to learn the correct way of doing things.
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain

believe I will try the Craftsy one again this year...different teacher and different look to the sampler quilt, but I did learn alot from last year, and that was my whole point of taking the class!

Has the Craftsy BOM started? I am signed up, but have not found the block. Thanks.

This is another Craftsy BOM I'll be following. The Sccrappy Lone Star January Block hooked me!
    http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/quilt...-sampler/40759

Quote Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
    I'm going to try to keep up with the one on our forum. And I also purchased a hand embroidery pattern that hasn't arrived yet. http://stores.chickadeehollowdesigns...Categories.bok
    those are adorable!!

Blog Entries
    I just signed up for the one from Craftsy... not done a BOM before... so am looking forward to it..

None! I don't like deadlines and feeling pressured to finish something in a specified time limit.

I signed up for the Craftsy 2013 BOM too. I watched the first one and like the teacher, they manage to get some good people teaching their courses. Thanks for all the links that have been sent in, I've gone and looked at a bunch.

To the comment about not liking deadlines.. its one block in a thirty day period that is not too tough a deadline to follow. Just a couple hours one evening. Its a fun gift you give yourself

The bom's here there are a couple: the challenge block of the month by patrice this is one where a member here has signed up to showcase a block that is more difficult than you normally would tackle. its to take you out of your comfort zone and learn something new. There is discussion if your stuck or having trouble there is a photo place to showcase your finished blocks good bad and ugly and no one is watching if you say heck with it too tough maybe next months no police

then there is the mystery train stash buster going on works on your scraps which is marvelous and its only a three week train so short for those who dont want a year long project.

Then there will be a NEW mystery train about 8 weeks long that is starting in Feb.

THEN if that is not enough we have a block of the week here at the quilting board. This is a great one more of a sampler with two blocks introduced each week. One harder one easy so there will be something for everyone. This is a block of the week that runs as follows: three weeks in a row one week to catch up for three or four months. It takes about an hour a block so its a tiny bit of your time to end up with a quilt in a very short period. Plus you get the added bonus of meeting more quilting board members.

the best part I find about these forums is.. they are free. We can come here meet new people ask 1000 questions if necessary because someone here has the answer and I love the sharing of finished works. its inspirational.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    Where do we find the patterns for the BOM here on the board?

The block of the Month here was mentioned - How do I find it and sign up for it?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
    I'm going to try to keep up with the one on our forum. And I also purchased a hand embroidery pattern that hasn't arrived yet. http://stores.chickadeehollowdesigns...Categories.bok

Adorable site! Thanks for sharing!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast