Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What have you made or bought anything since you found this Quilting Board site from reading messages! >

What have you made or bought anything since you found this Quilting Board site from reading messages!

What have you made or bought anything since you found this Quilting Board site from reading messages!

Old 07-13-2010, 06:00 PM

Where do I began? I am a widow of 2 years and it was a lonely life until I joined this board. Now I spend way too much time reading all the topics and looking at pictures. I have always been a sewer and quilted for many years so have quite a stash. I convinced myself that I would not buy anymore fabric and use what I had. I cleaned out the fabrics I thought I would never use, filling 7 garbage bags, and gave them to an Indian reservation. But all that changed when I joined the QB. I have bought a lot of fabric, books, patterns and notions. All of which I'm sure I could have lived without. Now if the body would go as fast the mind, and I would spend less time on here, I could probably get some of the projects done. This board is wonderful!! You are my friends though I don't know you. Thank you.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:12 AM

tcnmom , I feel the same way. I spend so much time here that it eats into my quiltmaking.lol
Old 07-14-2010, 05:45 AM

I've made 1 quilt top (squares in squares 2) and have another cut out to start. I plan on starting FMQ on the finished one this weekend.. Wish me luck, Im going to need it... but you have to start sometime, I've been working on practice squares all week, so hopefully by this weekend I will have worked up the courage to start on the quilt.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:21 PM

Went wild with flannel at a local quilt shop that had all of last years left over bolts marked 50% off. I was thrilled as I saw one of the flannel frayed edges throws that I plan to make several of for a local bazaar in November. They go together fast, look quite lovely and most think it took some kind of professional to make. He, he...if they only knew it was thanks to some of your gals on QB that brought it all together. I plan to share some of the photos when done. This is a great site...I plan to be a member for as long as I can use the keyboard. Blessings to each of you!
Old 07-27-2010, 07:03 AM

This is the best place I have found for info and help. I just love it.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:33 PM
Power Poster

Well she just arived this morning. I bought a vintage Singer 301 sewing machine in a cabinet. She needs some work before she is up and running but I have heard very good things about the 301-s. I would have never known about them if it wasn't for this board. It is that the time in a day is limited else I would be in even more trouble. This quilt board is wonderful and there is so much to learn. As another person put it the Bestest.

Cabinet for Singer 301 Makes a cute desk when the sewing machine is folded inside.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]69890[/ATTACH]

Singer 301
[ATTACH=CONFIG]69892[/ATTACH]

Lots of drawer space and a cute foot pedal.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]69895[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-69885.jpe   attachment-69887.jpe   attachment-69890.jpe  
Old 07-27-2010, 12:40 PM

Probably the most important thing I have learned is this BOARD is the BESTEST!!!! Everyone is so friendly and helpful AND there are NO stupid questions! I am basically a shy person, but this board has been so welcoming, GOD BLESS you everyone!
Old 07-27-2010, 12:49 PM

I bought batiks from Roberta. I got in on a couple of sales for online stores. And I went to see the Quilted Gardens on my mini-vacation because of this board.