Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What have you made or bought anything since you found this Quilting Board site from reading messages! >

What have you made or bought anything since you found this Quilting Board site from reading messages!

What have you made or bought anything since you found this Quilting Board site from reading messages!

Old 07-08-2010, 05:52 PM

It would be quicker to put what I have not bought:)
Old 07-08-2010, 06:46 PM

I've been sewing for years, mostly clothing, with a few machine quilts here and there. I never had a rotary cutter.
I was in an accident a couple of years ago and was determined to do this quilting thing, so I bought a rotary cutter. Then I read of the accidents on here and must admit, it's still in the package. I've got some nerve damage and not sure I'm up to the coordination that a rotary cutter will need, but it sits there and stares at me!
My dear husband is in the process of turning our dining room into my sewing room and there are many thingns going in there that I got from this list. Sorry, can't remember them all
Old 07-08-2010, 09:16 PM

I have bought fabric from Roberta and several books that have been suggested.... Organizing for the Creative Person by D. Lehmkuhl & Dolores C Lamping CSW and Goddess of the Last Minute by Robbi Joy Eklow; it's very funny (make sure your bladder is empty!) LOL.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:06 AM

A new seam ripper, I didn't know they got dull. lol. 8-)
Old 07-09-2010, 04:06 AM

:lol: LOTS OF QUIET VRIENDS WATCH AND READ EVERYTHING. BOUGHT A FEW THINGS. BUT A LOT OF STUFF IS REPETATIVE. RULERS ARE GREAT BUT TOOMANY WILL DRIVE ME NUTS.WORK SLOWLY. EVERYTHING GETS LOST IN THE SHUFFLE.. sOMETIMES IT IWILL TAKE EME A YEAR OF THINKING ABOUT WHAT TO DO WITH THE TOP AGFTER i HAVE SWEWN IT. i LKE TO HAND EMBROIDER ACCE NTS AND THAT IS THE THINKING PART.
CEEGEE
Old 07-09-2010, 04:57 AM

With every message I have read so far, that named what was purchased, I said, "uh huh" me too, I bought one. I am easily swayed, and love stuff. From fabric, books, tools, etc. I don't post much, but I read everything.

Obie
Old 07-09-2010, 09:10 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

I have bought 3 bowtucks bags. :thumbup:
Old 07-09-2010, 11:12 PM

Hi, I just joined a few days ago. I have to tell you a story. Even though I have been quilting for about 15 years. How I got into to it was...I was sorta forced.I had never made a queen size quilt & hand quilted it to give away.(I had made 1 quilt 35 years ago for my futher husband-4" sqs. from all odd ball fabrics). Anyways,my friend asked to help her make this quilt...Then she said we were going to hand quilt it...I said WHAT!! You're crazy.WELL,I ended up finishing and quilting it by myself.She helped a little with hand quilting.It was started during summer school vacation and had to be done by mid Oct. for a raffle at the schools Octoberfest.My son was not even in kindergarten yet.A 3rd person gave my friend the wrong size to make.I think she gave a bedspread size to the floor.After piecing it,I said this looks huge.I put it on my queen bed and it hung over 1 foot on the floor all around.I had to cut some off and re do it.Besides that we ran out of fabric and ran around 3 states trying to get more.Well, had to add another color.Now, we had extra pieces, so I made 2 pillow shams.I got it done on time, some how.It was a disaster, BUT got me hooked on quilting.After that quilt,I was the offical quilt maker for the school until we moved to FL. Made made 3 others after that and they were all hand quilted. The 2nd one I made was a 72 sq. sampler ... queen size and the school made $1,500 on it. So, welcome to the whole of quilting. OOPS, this went to the wrong place
Old 07-10-2010, 08:39 AM

I've made, bought and learned from topics on this board. One area that might be overlooked but that I always like to check -- I've made several dishes from recipes posted here.
Thanks to all who post, no matter what the subject.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:13 AM

This board is a blessing for all of us!! Support, ideas, prayers and friendships...things money can't buy.
We are a circle of friends from the heart who share our passion to keep this world beautiful with quilts...who could ever ask for more?

Nan