Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: What keywords do you use on Craigs List?

Blog Entries
    Do you have certain keywords that you use to search successfully for quilting fabric? I just haven't had much luck so I thought I would see if there is a magic formula that some of you lucky finders use. I've tried "fabric...material...quilting and sewing" but with no success. I have had some good finds at estate sales and once in a blue moon I will get lucky at a yard sale. I know there must be some hiding somewhere :lol:

To search for fabric, I type "sewing fabric". If I only type sewing, I get sewing machines, and if I only type fabric, I get upholstered furniture! I will be interested to see what others do and if something else works better.

Blog Entries
    Try various words, partial words. Sometimes things aren't spelled correctly and they pull up when browsing thru categories.

I use sewing and then quilting because one never knows what the seller might use.

kso
    Don't forget that CL has a wanted section.

Place an wanted ad describing what you are seeking.

I have more luck with freecycle ads.

Don't forget that you can search for ads that contain any of a list of words by separating with a |. For instance, if you want any ad that includes the word "sewing" OR the word "fabric", enter "sewing | fabric" (without the quotes) in your search. the | means OR. If you leave it out, you will get only ads that have both words. So you could enter in the search box - sewing | quilt | fabric | material - rather than searching for each one individually.

Edited to say - you can also search for ads that don't contain a word by putting a - in front of it. For instance, if I look for "sewing machine", I get an ad for a Dodge that says it runs like a sewing machine. I can search for 'sewing machine -dodge' (without the quotes) and I don't get the ad for the Dodge.

I have the app "Craigslist Notifications" on my android.
    Using the search function I have several saved searches that update all day.
    Sewing / Quilting / Quilt / Fabric

I love this app!