Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What to name our quilter's group

What to name our quilter's group

I just got back from 6 days in Minn. at a quilting/scrapbooking retreat. Next year we will meet in Iowa. We have been getting together for several years. The young ones in our group wanted to make sweatshirts with our name and a logo on it. Okay now we need a name. We vary from 10 to 20 in our group depending on work schedules. One of the young ladies has a commercial embroidry machine and will do the shirts. Love her for that. The big question is what do we name our group. We are from Minn. and Iowa so we tried all sorts of combinations of the state names and nothing really stuck with us. The last I heard someone came up with "The Scrappy Quilters". You ladies are great at coming up with unique names so here's another challenge. What are your suggestions for us.

Wasota Scraps & Stitches

i like thimblebug6000 idea. that is very catchy.

How about something like, The Traveling Stitchers or the Traveling Quilters. Maybe use a car full of women ( quilters ) going down the highway/road with road signs along the highway showing Iowa and Minn. quilt shop destinations. I love to design things like this!!!! Let me know if you use it......

Quote Originally Posted by rocklady View Post
    I just got back from 6 days in Minn. at a quilting/scrapbooking retreat. Next year we will meet in Iowa. We have been getting together for several years. The young ones in our group wanted to make sweatshirts with our name and a logo on it. Okay now we need a name. We vary from 10 to 20 in our group depending on work schedules. One of the young ladies has a commercial embroidry machine and will do the shirts. Love her for that. The big question is what do we name our group. We are from Minn. and Iowa so we tried all sorts of combinations of the state names and nothing really stuck with us. The last I heard someone came up with "The Scrappy Quilters". You ladies are great at coming up with unique names so here's another challenge. What are your suggestions for us.
    How about Gettin' It Together or The All Together Gang?

Or We're IN THE ALTOGETHER?
    Last edited by Greenheron; 11-14-2012 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jodimarie View Post
    How about something like, The Traveling Stitchers or the Traveling Quilters. Maybe use a car full of women ( quilters ) going down the highway/road with road signs along the highway showing Iowa and Minn. quilt shop destinations. I love to design things like this!!!! Let me know if you use it......
    love this idea! my group meets in RV park community room. we are in "wine country" we all use rotary cut strips in our projects....ergo... we are ...the "Wine Country Strippers"
    the rogue quilter - in from wandering in the sun and snow with camera in hand.

I like the idea of a car going down the road with everyone hanging out of the windows. The ladies could be holding strips of fabric, blowing in the wind. As for the name--how about Scrappin' and Strippin' .
    Sue

The Minnwa Wanderers?

Minnowa quilters

My DD and I have started a group and we call ourselves The Quilting Queens.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast