Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30

Thread: What our Group in Spain are....

  1. #1
    Super Member Butterflyspain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Torrox, Andalucia, Southern Spain
    Posts
    9,532
    Thought I would show you some pics of what our Group were doing on Tuesday.

    The hexagon quilt has been totally hand sewn, it huge and it has taken ....wait for it......37 yrs. She has just begun to put the backing on to quilt by hand.

    Two or three others to show as well.

    Elle

    A Kaffe Fasset wall hanging
    Name:  Attachment-29121.jpe
Views: 51
Size:  51.6 KB

    Close up
    Name:  Attachment-29122.jpe
Views: 51
Size:  85.2 KB

    Hexagon quilt must be King size and 37 yrs in the making.
    Name:  Attachment-29123.jpe
Views: 52
Size:  70.7 KB

  2. #2
    Super Member Butterflyspain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Torrox, Andalucia, Southern Spain
    Posts
    9,532
    Some more

    Close up of the Kaffe Fasseet
    Name:  Attachment-29124.jpe
Views: 51
Size:  64.1 KB

    A little girls quilt
    Name:  Attachment-29130.jpe
Views: 49
Size:  50.1 KB

  3. #3
    Super Member Katrine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,815
    Your group is so talented Elle. The little girl quilt is absolutely lovely.

  4. #4
    Super Member Butterflyspain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Torrox, Andalucia, Southern Spain
    Posts
    9,532
    Couple more of an Art hanging

    Quite different this one, not quite finished yet
    Name:  Attachment-29126.jpe
Views: 49
Size:  39.0 KB

    Rose from the childs quilt
    Name:  Attachment-29128.jpe
Views: 50
Size:  27.1 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

  5. #5
    Super Member Butterflyspain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Torrox, Andalucia, Southern Spain
    Posts
    9,532
    some other blocks of the little girls quilt
    Attached Images Attached Images


  6. #6
    Super Member grammy Dwynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    2,037
    Blog Entries
    2
    WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW
    WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW
    WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW
    WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW =37times, for each year of hand piecing!

    The others are also BEAUTIFUL!

    Tell your group they are GREAT!

  7. #7
    Super Member Butterflyspain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Torrox, Andalucia, Southern Spain
    Posts
    9,532
    Quote Originally Posted by grammy Dwynn
    WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW
    WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW
    WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW
    WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW =37times, for each year of hand piecing!

    The others are also BEAUTIFUL!

    Tell your group they are GREAT!
    It is fabulous and I will tell this lady, she has only just found our Group and decided to bring her work in. I loved it too

    Elle

  8. #8
    Super Member Butterflyspain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Torrox, Andalucia, Southern Spain
    Posts
    9,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Katrine
    Your group is so talented Elle. The little girl quilt is absolutely lovely.
    Its better up close and personal, pictures donīt do it justice, Liz who made it was about to add borders to it of Fairy Castles.

    Elle

  9. #9
    Super Member sewjoyce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    9,664
    Wow, such a talented group! Loved them all!!

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Port Angeles, WA
    Posts
    12,753
    Wow! They are all AWESOME.. :D

  11. #11
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Alturas, CA
    Posts
    8,413
    I'm speechless!! You girls are so talented.

  12. #12
    Super Member gcathie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Southeast, Ohio
    Posts
    3,270
    Totally Awesome!!!!

  13. #13
    Super Member MissTreated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    N61° 6.1839', W149° 52.0138'
    Posts
    1,220
    Very nice work! I'm impressed that the woman who was working on the 37 year quilt could make all the new fabrics look so good and blend so well with the older ones. I saw a lot of fabric in there that is very contemporary, yet looked so nice with the older ones.

    M

  14. #14
    Super Member Shemjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Posts
    6,895
    WOW X 37 also! And the little girl quilt, and the wall hanging, and the red one! Your people are so very talented! :lol: I will be embarrassed to show mine now! :? If I can ever get the posting of pictures worked out! :(
    Keep showing us your beautiful work. It will keep me going!

  15. #15
    Moderator littlehud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    32,958
    Wow. Your group is awesome. Their work is out of this world. I am inspired

  16. #16
    Moderator tlrnhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In the middle of a mess...
    Posts
    19,993
    WOW!! Ok, that's what everyone else said!
    I just love what your guild puts out!
    I'm still wanting to be adopted by Helen. She's the one that does the hand embroidery pictures, right? Love her work!!
    But, I love ALL the work you ladies put out. You all are such a talented group!

  17. #17
    Super Member Butterflyspain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Torrox, Andalucia, Southern Spain
    Posts
    9,532
    Quote Originally Posted by MissTreated
    Very nice work! I'm impressed that the woman who was working on the 37 year quilt could make all the new fabrics look so good and blend so well with the older ones. I saw a lot of fabric in there that is very contemporary, yet looked so nice with the older ones.

    M
    Funny you should say that, she pointed out pieces from her Motherīs blouse and yes they did all blend in beautifully.

    Elle

  18. #18
    Super Member Butterflyspain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Torrox, Andalucia, Southern Spain
    Posts
    9,532
    Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    WOW!! Ok, that's what everyone else said!
    I just love what your guild puts out!
    I'm still wanting to be adopted by Helen. She's the one that does the hand embroidery pictures, right? Love her work!!
    But, I love ALL the work you ladies put out. You all are such a talented group!
    Terri, that picture you fell in love with is still being sewn, approx 18 months now, you just wait till you see the finished product. Unfortunately she is on holiday at the moment so couldnīt give you a pic.

    Elle

  19. #19
    Super Member Butterflyspain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Torrox, Andalucia, Southern Spain
    Posts
    9,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Shemjo
    WOW X 37 also! And the little girl quilt, and the wall hanging, and the red one! Your people are so very talented! :lol: I will be embarrassed to show mine now! :? If I can ever get the posting of pictures worked out! :(
    Keep showing us your beautiful work. It will keep me going!
    Please never think that, never be embarrassed. Individuality is what counts and the love that goes into each piece is so important.

    Elle

  20. #20
    Moderator tlrnhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In the middle of a mess...
    Posts
    19,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    WOW!! Ok, that's what everyone else said!
    I just love what your guild puts out!
    I'm still wanting to be adopted by Helen. She's the one that does the hand embroidery pictures, right? Love her work!!
    But, I love ALL the work you ladies put out. You all are such a talented group!
    Terri, that picture you fell in love with is still being sewn, approx 18 months now, you just wait till you see the finished product. Unfortunately she is on holiday at the moment so couldnīt give you a pic.

    Elle
    When she gets back, let her know that I'm waiting for her to finish it and send it to me. Then I'll fly there and she can adopt me. :)

  21. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    689
    Oh my,you guys are soooo talented. I really think a bunch of us should fly over there and get up close and personal quilting lessons. Oh, and rum drinks on your patio too... :):):)

  22. #22
    Super Member Sharon M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Central Indiana
    Posts
    1,266
    Blog Entries
    1
    WOW wonderful group of quilts, such talent. ...and the 37 years in the making gives me hope that I too shall get mine done :lol:

  23. #23
    Debbie1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Roseburg, Oregon
    Posts
    2,279
    What talent you have in your group. Thanks for sharing. They are simply as it's been said before - WOW!

  24. #24
    sewbusy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lathrop, California
    Posts
    305
    Izy, all the good stuff has been said before I got here, but I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate you posting such lovely pictures. They are stunning, and I love all of them. Thanks again, Sewbusy

  25. #25
    Power Poster sandpat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,757
    Blog Entries
    9
    Elle, your group just amazes me! You don't know how much I would LOVE to come play with you all! I think that I'd just sit at each ladies feet and soak up all that fabulous knowledge...and beg for help from each one! Everyone is so creative...lots of different ideas going on...such fun...I'm :mrgreen: of all the fun you guys have!

    I am in awe of the 37 yr. quilt...now THAT is one lady who sticks to her plan!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.