Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: What are those thingies called?

What are those thingies called?

What are the things called that go on the end of straight pins when you use straight pins rather than safety pins to make a quilt sandwich? For the life of me, I can't think of it. I also saw a video somewhere on how to make my own - of course, I don't know where I saw that either!!

Blog Entries
    pinmoores

I bought some of the disposable ear plugs and they work so-so. I will invest in the real thing when I have some extra $$.
    Martina
    Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric!

They are Pinmoors. Some people used erasers they got from the Dollar Store to make their own, but they apparently don't work as well as the real thing.

thank you so much MadQuilter and WandaVA. A mind is a terrible thing to lose...

Another cheaper alternative, it to go to Walmart, & in the pharmacy area, buy a container of 40 (I think) ear plugs, then cut these in 1/2. Work great and are much cheaper than the Pinmoors.
    HTH
    LaQuita (aka) - Yai-Yai to the most precious grandbaby around of course I'm partial! LOL

HAPPY QUILTING!
    www.caringbridge.org/visit/shea

I love my Pinmoors and I got the multi colored pak and they are such pretty colors!! Work slick!
    Our lives are like quilts....bits and pieces....joys and sorrows....stitched together with love.
    Babylock Crescendo, Elegante2, and Ellure.....for the love of sewing!