Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you do with 200 Civil War repros?

Go to this web site: http://www.bonniebluequilts.com/detail.aspx?ID=35

It is a pattern called Glory Bound by Bonnie Blue Quilts. I saw the pattern and the quilt last year made with Civil War fabrics....Needless to say, I bought the pattern.... It was beautiful! :lol:

Glory Bound by Bonnie Blue Quilts
    Name:  Attachment-31034.jpe
Views: 23
Size:  52.0 KB

Oh that last pattern is very nice. Would look great with all the CW fabrics.

I'm doing a Seven Sisters pattern in Civil War repros. This pattern was very popular in the South in the mid to late 1800s. Below is a sample of one of the blocks. These are very easy to make when using a no-set-in-seams method of piecing.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Here are some pictures from Better Homes and Gardens new "Antique Quilts" magazine that just came out. Plus, here's a link to order one. I just received a copy and it's fabulous!

Pictures: http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/antiqu...uilts_ss1.html

To order one: http://www.fatquartershop.com/store/...&Item_ID=41797

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie
    I'm doing a Seven Sisters pattern in Civil War repros. This pattern was very popular in the South in the mid to late 1800s. Below is a sample of one of the blocks. These are very easy to make when using a no-set-in-seams method of piecing.

That's beautiful. Mom made a kingsize Seven Sisters for my husband and I when we married. She was from the South and it was one of her favorite blocks.

The Seven Sisters looks hard. How is it done without set-in seams? That might look nice with a star in every fabric and the ivory cotton background.

Quote Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
    The Seven Sisters looks hard. How is it done without set-in seams? That might look nice with a star in every fabric and the ivory cotton background.
    The stars are actually a large triangle with 3 additional points sewn on. If you look at them that way, you can see how the rows can be pieced and then the rows sewn together to form the block. Tada! No set-in-seams. :) Of course, this means that each star will need to be a solid fabric choice (or you'd have a triangle with 3 different colored points on it), but that was o.k. with me, since I wanted all of the 7 stars in the block to be the same anyway.

at 9 x 11, would the pieces be sixteenths??

how about a tumbler quilt?

you could always cut 2 of each shape and trade......

or Midget Blocks?

http://sentimentalstitches.net/free-...midget-blocks/

baby nine patches?

I love the look of Civil War fabric. I think you could pick out any traditional pattern and it would look vintage. Tammy in MN

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie
    Quote Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
    The stars are actually a large triangle with 3 additional points sewn on. If you look at them that way, you can see how the rows can be pieced and then the rows sewn together to form the block. Tada! No set-in-seams. :) Of course, this means that each star will need to be a solid fabric choice (or you'd have a triangle with 3 different colored points on it), but that was o.k. with me, since I wanted all of the 7 stars in the block to be the same anyway.

wow, I didn't know you could do them that way. Mom always used diamonds and did everything by hand.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast